Castro ends loan spell at #Notts to return to WBA

Piethagoram

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,704
  • Days Won:  36

Not  too fussed by this to be honest, more of a luxury player who nobody would pick in their starting XI. Good to have as an impact sub and willing to shoot from distance, but not great defensively. This will hopefully open a door for Vinny to be included now he is back, less of a goal threat but higher work rate. We can find a replacement if needed.

More bothered about Taylor staying out on loan as feel we need cover for Chicksen.

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Castro could come up with something unpredictable and struck a nice free kick, but as @Fozzy says nobody had him in their first eleven. I don't think he came here to play ten-minute cameos off the bench when we were already home and dry, so I can't blame him for wanting to go elsewhere. It'll be interesting to see whether we give Vincent a shot or dip into the loan market again for someone with more of a goal threat.

• Like 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,139
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

He's as you would expect from a player coming in on loan, especially at his age. There were times he shined, others where he struggled to get involved. This is something players learn with experience, as it's not a question of skill or quality but more an understanding of the game's pace.

Personally, I would've been delighted if he stayed but at the same time I think there's probably more consistent options out there.

Also, Frank Vincent may get his chance to reembed himself into the starting line-up. There were games last season where he became our outlet for attacking opposition teams, to which he reminded me of a young Jim O'Brien.

Best wishes to Castro, I hope he settles somewhere for first team football.