Andy Haworth Released

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,989
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

"Lambs are delighted with permanent capture of Notts County wideman"

Tamworth boss Dale Belford says winger Andy Haworth can become a fans' favourite at The Lamb.

Haworth has signed for the Lambs until the end of the season after being released by Notts County.

Full Article: Here

----My Thoughts----------

I really don't understand why we signed him in the first place, very limited chances with us but looked okay. I am sure we can find better and I am glad that Derry is getting on with business. Fine tuning the squad is very important! I'm just surprised that Notts haven't announced his release, so for now I'm labeling this as a rumour.

Hopefully more news to come soon!

Thoughts?

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  627
  • Days Won:  11

Well hopefully it can free up atleast some of the wage bill. As other people have stated, he was never going to be a first team regular

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

There are quite a few players bought in on 6 month deals. I expect to see a few more go

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Yeah, he wouldn't be anywhere near the pitch for me, a decent fella by all accounts who has something, just do not think that something is good enough for our level.

be good for him to actually move on and find a club where he can get game time and do himself justice.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,989
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It seemed promising when he was finding the net in pre-season, he looked fairly capable in the friendlies he featured but nothing happened after. I can remember him being subbed on in an awful game, very little effort in the opposition half and this was a home game. He came on and took to running, I can remember hearing comments like 'this is what we need' - 'why doesn't he play him from the start'.

I must admit I felt the same but he didn't seem fit enough for League One.

Still, I don't know why we signed him. Waste of wages that could have been used towards a starter or someone with more ability, oh well.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

i thought he shown some signs, its hard to judge him properly as he barely featured but good luck to him! hope derry signs some brand new players and sorts out certain players contracts. liddle for one!

Archived