Charlie Slater moves on

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

@KingWilliams I don’t think you can criticise him for being ambitious, he is young and wants to get on in the media world, if he stopped with Notts he isn’t going anywhere i we are honest.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Days Won:  2

I understand your point. Perhaps I am just disappointed, but I believe he still has a lot to offer in his current role. He wrote that it was “the most difficult career decision”, yet this is now the second time it has happened. I don’t feel it shows much loyalty to the club, fans, or to Colin Slater, whom he replaced. It seems more than a coincidence that his decision to leave comes just as we are attracting attention, which could be beneficial for him. At the end of the day, it’s his decision, but I am entitled to feel disappointed and to criticise him for using Notts.

• Like 1

Supporter+
21 minutes ago, KingWilliams said:

I understand your point. Perhaps I am just disappointed, but I believe he still has a lot to offer in his current role. He wrote that it was “the most difficult career decision”, yet this is now the second time it has happened. I don’t feel it shows much loyalty to the club, fans, or to Colin Slater, whom he replaced. It seems more than a coincidence that his decision to leave comes just as we are attracting attention, which could be beneficial for him. At the end of the day, it’s his decision, but I am entitled to feel disappointed and to criticise him for using Notts.

Don’t get me wrong, it is very disappointing, there’s no one more disappointed than me, Charlie is great to listen to but I guess it’s like having a really talented player playing for Notts (E.g. Jack Grealish) we wouldn’t have wanted him to stay at Notts out of loyalty it would have been unfair to stand in his way.

Who knows what offer Charlie has had and where he will go next. I think we were spoilt with Colin Slater who showed loyalty to the extreme as we know he was Notts commentator for many years, I reckon Colin would have been the first to wish him well, Charlie was never going to emulate the great man for his many years with Notts. Good luck to him I think we should thank him for the time he had with us and wish him well.

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

@Fan of Big Tone He's doing work for BBC Radio 5 Live now.

• Like 1

Supporter+
Just now, TheSkipper said:

@Fan of Big Tone He's doing work for BBC Radio 5 Live now.

He has done the odd game for them before, he’s also done regular tv work on BBC East Midlands today, I watch it most nights and he’s regularly on there with various sporting features.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Yes, I have seen him doing that work too. He recently gave an interview in which he expressed his desire to do commentary for the World Cup or the FA Cup. I am not sure if he aspires to do more TV work, but the interview did mention that this is what he would be doing now that he has left BBC Radio Nottingham.

• Like 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  905
  • Days Won:  3

I am saddened and a bit disappointed to see Charlie Slater leave his role with BBC Radio Nottingham. He did well covering Notts and one might have thought he would stay a little longer to see where Notts ended up. However, being a family man and eager to advance his career, I don’t blame him and I wish him well.

• Like 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,355
  • Days Won:  1

It’s always sad to see someone who has spent several years in and around the club leave, and being a commentator is no exception. His chemistry with Mark Stallard will be missed. I don’t think anything of his decision to pursue his dreams, I wish him well, but I understand that some fans may feel differently. Let’s just try to wish him all the best.

• Like 1