Weekend Plans - 10th -12th November

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,771
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Morning all, what plans do you have for the weekend?

Curry night tonight, not sure which delight Mrs. T will be conjuring up but it’s sure to be a nice one. I’ve got a Banana Bread beer to wash it down from Lidl not had it before maybe @super_ram has had it?

Tomorrow the park run is still partially flooded and they are doing a different route which means three laps of a smaller area, so I don’t think I’ll bother with that, three laps gets a bit boring, instead I’ll do a little run around our local streets then settle in to listen to Notts match on the radio.

Whats everyone else doing or been doing if you read this later.

• Like 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,766
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Curry night as well tonight... a charity curry night for our local Bloodwise charity ... a matter dear to my heart, as I am a patient

Train to Crewe tomorrow for #Notts 

• Love 2

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,285
  • Days Won:  69

7 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Morning all, what plans do you have for the weekend?

Curry night tonight, not sure which delight Mrs. T will be conjuring up but it’s sure to be a nice one. I’ve got a Banana Bread beer to wash it down from Lidl not had it before maybe @super_ram has had it?

Tomorrow the park run is still partially flooded and they are doing a different route which means three laps of a smaller area, so I don’t think I’ll bother with that, three laps gets a bit boring, instead I’ll do a little run around our local streets then settle in to listen to Notts match on the radio.

Whats everyone else doing or been doing if you read this later.

Banana bread beer? Sounds like a sequel to Peter Kay's " GARLIC BREAD" rant.I have seen this but declined as it doesn't appeal to my taste buds.Please let me know your verdict @Fan of Big Tone.

Nothing much else planned other than the usual Saturday morning visit to my local mini market and then it's Rams v Barnsley and hopefully some points on the Prediction League(thank you very much @DangerousSausage.He says through gritted teeth!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,442
  • Days Won:  287

Probably not a lot. Today it's a glass of whisky and the Voice of Germany to celebrate the weekend, but I'll probably be staying in ahead of my trip to the UK next week. I'll need the peace and quiet!

• Like 3

Supporter+

@super_ram the banana bread beer was……how can I put it?……different, it definitely had a taste of bananas but quite subtle, not overpowering, so on the whole not bad, definitely drinkable but I probably wouldn’t buy it by choice.

We had a new curry Mrs. T hadn’t cooked before so I was her sous chef in the kitchen to help with the prep, it was a Rick Stein recipe from his India book, it was chicken and apricot curry, it was fabulous, just the right heat and had sweet and sour taste with the apricots and wine vinegar.

I’ve got a bottle of Rosy Nosey for tomorrow it’s from the Batemans brewery, it promises, fruity flavours of raisins. Sounds good, it’s £1.50 from Morrisons, I’ll let you know my verdict.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Supporter+
On 10/11/2023 at 22:21, Fan of Big Tone said:

I’ve got a bottle of Rosy Nosey for tomorrow it’s from the Batemans brewery, it promises, fruity flavours of raisins. Sounds good, it’s £1.50 from Morrisons, I’ll let you know my verdict.

I wasn’t that impressed with this one really, the fruity flavours promised didn’t materialise unless it was because my mouth was on fire eating Mrs. T’s Chilli con Carne. :joker:

So today was Remembrance Sunday, we normally go up to the local memorial for the ceremony but today we were busy with other things, I wanted to do some gardening before it rained because the brown bin is collected tomorrow but we did pause from our chores at 11am to remember those that gave their lives for our freedom.

Relaxing now hoping to watch Forest get trounced at West Ham. 

I hope everyone has had a good weekend.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  12,900
  • Days Won:  162

yesterday i was at the crewe game, i was not really entertained by the game and thought we could have done better. the trouble towards the end of the game is being focused on our fans, but the crewe stewards were very eager to cause trouble. i dont think we did ourselves any favours with throwing things at the assistant ref, but the way everything is being blown out of portion and the trouble fans who was not doing anything had was very shocking.

today i am just relaxing because i feel its really needed to unwind after yesterday.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,285
  • Days Won:  69

2 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

I wasn’t that impressed with this one really, the fruity flavours promised didn’t materialise unless it was because my mouth was on fire eating Mrs. T’s Chilli con Carne. :joker:

So today was Remembrance Sunday, we normally go up to the local memorial for the ceremony but today we were busy with other things, I wanted to do some gardening before it rained because the brown bin is collected tomorrow but we did pause from our chores at 11am to remember those that gave their lives for our freedom.

Relaxing now hoping to watch Forest get trounced at West Ham. 

I hope everyone has had a good weekend.

I have tried a few of the'different' beers and find most drinkable but mildly disappointing.I do like to try different brewery beers when I get the chance though.

I watched the Remembrance Sunday programme on telly,which brought back memories of watching the parades in Alfreton with my dad many ,many years ago.

Not exactly a trouncing @Fan of Big Tone but at least a good result. I do wish referees would clamp down on all the pushing and pulling at corner kicks and free kicks though.Even the commentators seem to condone some of it.

Apart from the result at Crewe a very good weekend!

• Like 1