• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

its a bit of a nothing story, picked up from others who have reported much of the same. they could have tried to get a statement from the efl, or the people directly involved. i think if an official cant do the job in difficult circumstances then they should not be in the game. players get abuse and comments expressed week in and out, some of which i am sure makes them a bit nervous but you just get on with it.

i do think items should not have been thrown but god help the assistant referee if he was in the game when darts and stuff were thrown.

• Like 4

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,298
  • Days Won:  69

Trust The Sun to sensationalise a non story.

• Like 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,898
  • Days Won:  5

I get that he didn’t want to carry on after having stuff thrown at him. But the way it’s being shown, it’s as if he was physically hit. In reality, it was just objects, which isn’t right, but this kind of behaviour might be usual. I reckon his choice to make a fuss and hold up the game was just him playing the victim. He should have been professional, letting the stewards and police do their work while he did his. Not doing his job is a bit daft, especially as there’s no photos or videos showing any real harm to him.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's not a good light for us Notts fans, but I can understand the frustration, and it is very common for objects to be thrown. I think the way that it's being portrayed is almost like a player diving from minor contact, I don't mean to play down the assistant referee for having objects thrown at him.

I do think it is more down to him being cowardly in the face of having played on, only to flag late for the penalty after Crewe players pressured him.

However, we need to move forward from this because we are far better than this.

• Like 2