Defensive howler by Chester at York City

Piethagoram

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

I saw that on the highlights, National League North defending at its finest! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

2 hours ago, DangerousSausage said:

I saw that on the highlights, National League North defending at its finest! 

In the early 70's an opposition defender, on the left side of the Baseball Ground pitch and facing away away from his goal, sliced a clearance that ballooned into the air and forced his own goalkeeper to desperately scramble back to stop the ball going into his own  net.The name of that defender was Robert Moore.Yes,the same Bobby Moore who captained England in the 1966 Word Cup finals.I saw him play quite a few times and his poise and unflappability stood out.So it just shows that  these laughable episodes can and do happen to the best.

• Like 3

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Two things....

What was the keeper jumping about like that? Is he in fact a wet fish? That's some iffy keeping, yes, the angle of the footage might not do him any justice, but it is rather weird how he jumps and positions himself.

Sliced kicks are very common; it looks like the ball might be slightly wet - I don't know if it had been raining, but that could make it difficult to make instant content. A more experienced player may have just tried to bring the ball down and shield it. My second point, the keeper in my eyes should also be sent off or at least give a yellow card. The lunge he made was wreckless and uncalled-for, his boots could have seriously injured the attacking player. It was also two footed, made without control and well beyond the ball having crossed the line.

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

what the hell happened there, that was some misfortune! i think a howler is being polite too. 😛