1991 Division 2 Playoff Final Notts v Brighton.

Robbie

Memory Lane time. Back to 1991 and extended highlights of Notts v Brighton at an old Wembley Stadium.  A young Neil Warnock leading his side out. Two goals by Tommy Johnson and one from Dave Regis won the day for Notts. Enjoy.

• Like 2

Supporter+

I was on a camping holiday in France when this match happened, I vividly remember sitting in hot sunshine with the car door open listening to a very crackly medium wave radio, I had to turn the car to get a half decent reception on medium wave.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Notts played well in this match, Brighton did hit the woodwork in each half, but they were well beaten by Notts on the day. Tommy Johnson was at his best with two well taken goals scored in each half, the first being a guided header from a cross  following a short corner, and his 2nd a shot from the left side of the penalty area, assisted by Dave Regis, that found the corner of the net, & Dave Regis actually scored Notts third guiding the ball in with his chest from a free kick from the right.. Brighton scored a consolation goal near the end of the match.

Wonderful memories from an unforgettable day.

What are your memories of that day?

• Like 2

@Fan of Big Tone of course you were on holiday!

I was deemed too young to travel, my grandfather Ray took @william1984. On the way home they were involved in a crash and some Notts fans came to the rescue to make sure they returned home safely. Fortunately, the crash was not major. I had to wait until our next Wembley appearance before I was allowed to go. I have made every other Wembley visit since including going to support the former Notts County ladies when they played Chelsea in the Women's FA Cup.

My memories of the game is quite vague, other than my brother claiming we were cheated and my grandfather being unhappy too.

• Like 2

Supporter+
30 minutes ago, Chris said:

@Fan of Big Tone of course you were on holiday!

:rollonfloorlaughing::rollonfloorlaughing:

You know me too well @Chris, 3 days 20 hours till I go to Lanzarote, not that I’m counting you understand. 🌞 😜

• Haha 2

i have only seen notts have success the one season under kevin nolan and then the seasons with the reedtz. this is well before my time, so i dont know much about it. i do know we have a great run at wembley and after this things did get better.

i would love to see more fan stories about this.

• Love 1