• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  2

I saw that there is a new competition coming to the cricket world - the T10 in Scotland.  Now maybe they can only fit 10 overs in between rain storms, but a. is there a need for an even shorter format of cricket and b. can you see it catching on?  At this rate we will end up with a 1 over competition with 6 players on each side, each player bowling one ball.  You may want to make it 2 innings with a concert and fireworks after each side has batted once.  

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Ten over game won't catch on. It is just too short and will be nothing more than a slog fest. We see that happen when games have been shortened to 10 overs by bad weather.

We have the T20 and The Hundred too which is more than enough.

The Hundred has it's critics with the over the top razzamatazz and money involved , however it is very popular and does attract families because of the added attractions at the Hundred games.

Cricket needs to be able to attract new fans, but a T10? I think it's a step to far.

• Like 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+
27 minutes ago, Ohh Tommy Johnson said:

Anything shorter than a 5 day test is a slog fest!!😎😎

I think "Bazball" is changing that.

• Haha 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  2

It needs to be stopped... you can beat a 4 hour long 50 from Geoff Boycott!  England tests have often been only 3 days, but generally that was because we were so easily beaten!

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

i could not watch a long cricket game but t20 games are generally entertaining and watchable when two teams are really going for it. proper test matches bore the life out of me, it took me awhile to get into football but cricket just is not the sport that does for me.

i can understand why scotland would want to make things shorter with their weather.