Morecambe deducted 3 points by EFL

Robbie

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

League 2 Morecambe have been deducted 3 points by the EFL which will be effective immediately, and basically ends their bid to make the playoffs.

They drop to 14th place, 2 points ahead of Notts, having played one game more than Notts.

Further information in the link below.

• Sad 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,314
  • Days Won:  17

I Still Don't Understand the reason for Clubs who get in Financial Trouble are deducted points, on Top of any fines they may incur.  Hasn't the club suffered enough? There must be some other way to punish a Team then take off points they've already earned. Plus the Fact next season isn't  point deduction being scraped, so teams like Manchester City and Chelsea will get away Scot Free with charges against them?

• Like 2

• Content Count:  8,985
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@Wheelbarrow repair man " I Still Don't Understand the reason for Clubs who get in Financial Trouble are deducted points".... It's all about paying more money to achieve player signings...perhaps to the detriment of other  EFL2  clubs competing for the same player. 

Personally, it is best that the punishment, is served within the same season.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I agree @Wheelbarrow repair man 

There needs to be another way of sanctioning a club, a fine based on total turnover and a transfer embargo for at least a season or upwards depending on the amount of charges or the seriousness of the charges.

Fining the clubs and stopping their transfers would affect the points accumulation in time anyway.

If Man City were fined half a billion plus and the money distributed down the Football  pyramid, that would go down a treat with the smaller clubs.

Docking points just punishes the fans and the players when it is the Club administrators at fault.

Trouble is, I don't see it happening because in the Premier league, money talks and I don't think it would ever be passed by at least 14 of the PL clubs needed to change the rules. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Content Count:  8,985
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

The issue here, talking in general terms, a team can overspend on its squad and therefore stay up...and a club that sticks by the rules gets relegated. 

Points deductions is the only fair way. 

• Like 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,314
  • Days Won:  17

Unless of course your Owners have an awful lot of Money to shall we say , offer "gifts" to the Football higher ups so they turn a blind eye on your over spending while not so rich Premier League Clubs suffer with  a points deduction and possible Relegation.

• Like 2