Weekend chat - Friday 19th - Sunday 21st April

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Good morning PoN it’s a cloudy start here but fairly mild at 10 degrees.

So what have we all got planned for this weekend? We are “boy sitting” tonight while son and DiL have a night out. Hopefully the boys will enjoy Granny’s home made Chicken Biryani, George probably will but Fred is a bit more fastidious.

Tomorrow it’s Park Run in the morning and the last home March in the afternoon, hopefully I can persuade George to accompany me. Sunday a day of rest, unless something crops up.

Whats everyone else up to this weekend?

• Like 2

Supporter+

I had a nice day yesterday I went to the football with grandson George it’s lovely chatting with him about football he’s very knowledgeable about foreign teams and their players and tells me lots of facts and figures about world football. We enjoyed the game. It was a lovely bonding session with him, something I never had with my grandparents so it’s special for me and I hope it is for him too. Maybe one day he’ll be taking his grandchildren to the match and telling them about his old grandad. Of course Notts County will be champions of Europe by then. 

A day of rest I think today. How’s everyone else’s weekend going?

• Love 1

Supporter+

Thanks for replying @Piethagoram, I was beginning to think I was talking to myself in this thread it doesn’t seem very popular, perhaps folk don’t want to chat about everyday things. 🙄

• Sad 1

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

Saturday afternoon I watched my first team on Rams Tv plant one foot back in the Championship.The opposition,Cambridge United,are still fighting relegation and put up one hell of a fight in the second half but my Rams hung on to another away victory.Nevertheless it was an extremely nerve wracking time and although sat comfortably at home I found myself continually kicking and heading the ball imaginatively every time danger threatened.By the end of the game I was absolutely exhausted.My old mate ,Gordon, was listening to the game in his house in Alfreton on Radio Derby and he said he was the same.It took me all day Sunday to recover.I must learn to relax while waching games..

• Like 1

Supporter+
2 hours ago, super_ram said:

I found myself continually kicking and heading the ball imaginatively every time danger threatened.By the end of the game I was absolutely exhausted.

I’m glad it’s not just me who does that @super_ram :biggrin:

• Haha 1