Yanks Know Nothing About Soccer.

American owners of English Football League Teams Know Nothing about as they call it Soccer. Prime Example from Today. Birmingham City Football Club, sitting 6th in the Championship in October,  Sack John Eustace and in his place they Hire Wayne Rooney who's never accomplished anything of note in his Management Career, and on the last day of the Season they find themselves Relegated and the Blues are back in League 1 for the first time since 1995. The Birmingham Chairman Tom Wagner admits it was a Mistake to Sack John Eustace. YOU THINK? Typical Yank lets hire somebody that will bring Media Coverage for the Club, for a small amount of time  even though he's a Poor Manager it doesn't matter if he ruins the Club.

Former Notts  Head Coach Luke Williams is also applying his trade under American Ownership at Swansea. What ever you do Luke don't leave the Swans for a better paid job at a bigger Club or like your predecessor you could find yourself being SUED by Swansea's American Owners. Of all the Present Yanks in Charge of English Football League teams Liverpool seem to have managed to have the Best. The Glazers at Manchester United have faced revolts from Fans and they have brought in Sir Jim Ratcliffe a Brit to help steady their rocky ownership. Wrexham also have American owners, but how long will they hang around if the Red Dragons fortunes go South?

Does Memory serve didn't Notts once have an American in charge one time? He made such an Impression I've forgotten his name is this True or did I dream it?  The Rumour that Taylor Swift was interested in buying the Magpies earlier in the season all that would have been is an EGO Trip and you can bet She'd have soon Lost Interest in the Magpies, when they weren't pushing for Promotion All I Can Say We Notts Fans Can Count Ourselves Lucky We've Got Chris And Alex Reedtz.

• Love 1

Totally agree with you @Wheelbarrow repair man You only have to see what's going on at Wrexham. 

I heard that the Wrexham owners are looking to increase the capacity of the racecourse ground to between 45,000 and 50,000 spectators to prepare them for the PL 

The population of Wrexham County Borough is only 135,000, so will they fill that size ground every week? I doubt it 

And Wrexham are going to play several games in North America over the close season again 

And then there are plans afoot to play an extra league match between PL sides in North America. They call it The 39th game. 

We have seen NFL games played at Wembley, looks like the PL are trying to generate more money for clubs by playing games all over the US.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yeah what's happened at Birmingham is pretty tragic, a classic case of just going for the big name without doing any proper research.

As for us, I don't think we've ever had an American owner, we definitely haven't had one this century (which covers my time following Notts) I've got some vague recollection of some American's mentioning they were interested in purchasing us when Ray Trew was looking to sell the club. I'm sure someone claiming to be part of the consortium was even posting on social media but I can't remember the names of any of them...

The Taylor Swift story was bonkers, I can't imagine it was ever serious though!

Edited by menzinho
  • Like 2

We were owned by Albert Scardino after Derek Pavis, he was a prize-winning journalist who'd been based in London. You might remember his henchman Peter Storrie. The funding he was relying on (from GM I think) eventuality fell through and we ended up in administration, so he was only chairman for a matter of months.

I remember him talking about the English league system, and the ability to go from the bottom right to the very top, in glowing terms. Many of the current breed in the PL have a different attitude, they'd scrap relegation in a heartbeat if they could get away with it. 

• Like 2

Supporter+

I remember Albert Scardino, he tried to get “8 through the gate” i.e. a regular 8,000 attending gates, it never happened, I wonder what he’d think now with 11,000 regularly turning up?

• Like 2

I think that Notts can celebrate that we have very good owners, who have a pragmatic and cautious approach when it comes to financial matters.

Notts's owners certainly do not believe in a quick fix and instant success, that could easily fall apart just as fast.

That's why I believe Notts County are in very good hands. Long may it continue.