The Great Wheelbarrow Wobble

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  553
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

Lately, I’ve been dedicating time at the allotment to cultivate a variety of vegetables. Previously, my attention was more on plants and flowers, but I’ve shifted towards creating a more eco-friendly home. I’ve planted potatoes, carrots, beetroot, tomatoes, and rhubarb.

Recently, I harvested some of my produce. I decided to use an old wheelbarrow to transport the ripe vegetables. However, just as I was about 10 feet from my car, the wheel came off the barrow.

Now, I find myself in need of someone who can repair my wheelbarrow. :rollonfloorlaughing:

@Wheelbarrow repair man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

A future production for Aardman Animations or DreamWorks, A Tale of Vegetables on the Move. 😂

• Haha 6

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,369
  • Days Won:  161
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

@RetroPie

I hereby induct you into the Magpie, "I had a Wheelbarrow, the wheel fell off' hall of fame.😄

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

oh dear, i hope you managed to get them to your car okay after. just like notts, you need to reinvest in a new wheelbarrow @RetroPie.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  139
  • Days Won:  0

Wheelbarrows ought to be sold with a caution sign and an extra connector.

• Like 3

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  63
  • Days Won:  0

It’s just like a Notts fan’s luck! Those wheels always seem to fall off for us. Keep going with the gardening and maybe treat yourself to a new wheelbarrow. ;)

• Like 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,118
  • Days Won:  17

@RetroPie

There's no need to buy a New Wheelbarrow, if you just need a New Wheel. Undo the fixing bolts and remove the washer tubes.

Getting the right size wheel measure the wheel diameter, that's from one edge of the wheel tyre to the other. Measure the hub length the spindle which goes through the wheel. And measure the Hub Bore Diameter. The hole in the middle of the wheel.

A Wheelbarrow wheel expert (found at Garden Centres)  some shops which sell Wheelbarrows may have an expert  who will help you choose the correct type of  bearing for your wheel. Best Tyre Patten to use is the Ribbed Pattern as this causes minimal build up of mud Ideal for your garden or allotment. Hope this Helps.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  553
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

The old one’s rusted and fallen apart. I could replace the wheel, but the barrow wouldn’t move with it. :rollonfloorlaughing:

I’ve bought a new one from B&Q. This time, I’ll make sure it’s not exposed to the weather and is covered when not in use. The last one I had, well, it’s been with me longer than my eldest grandchild has been alive.

• Like 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,118
  • Days Won:  17

@RetroPie

There are several types of covers which fully cover Wheelbarrows, if you keep it outside. Alternately if you keep in a Shed or Garage, to save space you could Always Hang it on a Wall. Plenty videos on You tube to show you how.

• Like 2