Alassana Jatta

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,479
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Alassana Jatta scores two goals tonight against Wealdstone in a friendly.

Good start for him and two well taken goals from crosses 

Is it a shape of things to come?

• Like 10
  • Love 2

• Robbie changed the title to Alassana Jatta

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Days Won:  17

It would seem Alassana Jatta is carrying on from were he left off Last Season by Scoring Goals.

Wealdstone won't be Much of a Challenge Compared To League 2 Sides but Scoring Goals 

In any form of Match, Will Do His Confidence The World Of Good

• Like 6

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  74
  • Days Won:  6

I've had a look at his stats and the more I look, the more I'm convinced we signed him as Macca's replacement before other clubs realised we had cash in the bank and the price went up. Of course, the brothers having an interest on Viborg may help as well!

In his last season with Viborg, he made 10 appearances but only played 113 mins, scoring once.

In fact, in his last 4 seasons with them, he only played 90 minutes once, so looking at goals per game is not a good guide. However, in 5 seasons with them, he scored 15 goals at a rate of one every 243 minutes. 

Not prolific, but in most cases I guess a striker comes off the bench when you are either chasing a game, therefore not creating too much as the opponents are keeping it tight, or you're comfortably ahead and therefore holding the lead yourselves. Plus a sub has little time to get into the game, so that's a decent return.

For Notts, despite having only had that one 90 minute appearance in 4 seasons, being in a foreign country and with a team which was stumbling, he scored 5 goals at a rate of one every 103 minutes.

I'm excited!!

• Like 4
  • Love 7

• Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I think everyone felt that Alassana Jatta was brought in as a replacement for Macaulay Langstaff, which now seems to be the case. I believe he’ll take over from Macca, leaving Junior Morias as backup. Based on the PSF games so far, it looks like Cedwyn Scott will remain as an attacking midfielder/shadow striker. The club may decide to bring in additional competition.

• Like 2
  • Love 7

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

His move to Meadow Lane has been a revolution, as he did ignite our push to get back to winning ways. He's a calm striker, who has a lot of strengths, from his pace to the finishing ability we have seen. I think he would thrive being played more, as his height gives us something we can use to hold up the ball.

Playing Cedwyn Scott off him, could be a good partnership - especially if we allow them both to play somewhat freely in attacking roles.

It amazes me how Jatta manages to retain the ball when marked by two-three defenders. He naturally attracts them and somehow manages to do something with the ball. When I first saw him, I thought he might be a bit awkward on the ball due to his height, but appearances means nothing. He's got natural ability and an eye for goal.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

i think jatta will score a lot more playing regularly, hes a natural finisher and has proven himself already. i know people say he only scored just over two handfuls last season but that is good considering its his first time in england. it was a good decision in the end to sign him as he helped last year and will do much this year.

a quick striker would be nice, but morias does have some pace. so jatta should thrive as our main striker.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  580
  • Days Won:  2

Please hear me out completely. He’s a completely different type of striker compared to Macaulay Langstaff. However, given the opportunity, I believe he possesses superior technique in terms of ball placement and finishing opportunities. Jatta is a robust player who can retain the ball and flourish even without support. Macca, on the other hand, was very much a traditional centre forward with a variety of skills at his disposal. Jatta has a natural knack for finding space, which is beneficial as it allows him to integrate himself into the game even with limited ball service. Macca wasn’t as fortunate in this regard, but his hard work compensated for the fact that he needed more opportunities to come his way.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  133
  • Days Won:  0

He’s tall and strong, but he still has a lot to demonstrate and justify the transfer fee paid for him. I am confident that he will continue to score goals in the upcoming season.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  230
  • Days Won:  1

I think it’s brilliant that Jatta is hitting the ground running with Notts. Scoring two goals is a great start, even though it was just a friendly.

Sometimes players need that initial confidence boost, and Jatta seems to have gotten it. What I find particularly encouraging is his ability to hold off defenders and maintain possession, as that’s crucial in tighter matches. Considering our past season and the need for a forward that can hold up the ball, Jatta could very well be our answer. Pairing him up with Cedwyn Scott might open up our attacking options.

• Like 4

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,138

Jatta’s goals were well-taken. I think he's going to be a significant player for us. We need that kind of decisiveness in front of goal. Fingers crossed he keeps this form up!

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1,094

At the matches where Jatta's scored, his performances have been impressive. His finishing looked sharp and confident. It's always great to see striker making an impact early on. Looking forward to seeing more.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Days Won:  1

The decision to sign Jatta when Notts did last season provides him with ample time to acclimate to life in England and adapt to the dynamics of League Two. He appears to be a proficient finisher who understands the game well and knows precisely where to position himself. If he gets more playtime this season, his performance statistics should be impressive.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  7,479
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I think Jatta, if he stays fit, could be a sensation this season.

He's a different type of striker compared to Macaulay, but I'm sure the resultant goals scored could be very similar to Macca's.