Weekend chat - Friday 2nd Aug to Sunday 4th

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,759
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Good morning, it’s Friday so it’s the start of the weekend. :clapping:

It looks like it’s going to be another hot, sunny day, I’ll be mowing the lawn today it’s started a growth spurt after yesterdays splash of rain. I also need to do something about the pond which is very low, I was hoping for a really good prolonged period of rain to fill it up but I think I’ll have to top it up with the hose, the trouble is we are on a water meter.

Whats every up to today?

• Like 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,369
  • Days Won:  161
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Hi all and good morning.

It's a fine morning here in Mansfield.

Trimmed down my garden hedge and cleared up the trimmings before it gets too hot.

I also have a climbing rose that has grown and needs securing.

Has anyone noticed a lack of Bees and Wasps in your garden this summer?

I've only seen a few Bees, & I haven't seen a Wasp yet. Usually have lots of Bees & Wasps by this time 

• Like 4

• Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

this past week has flown by, i have been working overtime to help reduce the workload and to make sure we can take in new pallets. amongst the training i am doing which is partly fun but also quite tiring. the heat is really starting to get to me and i dont usually complain about it. its been difficult to sleep though.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  10,759
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Morning all, it’s a cloudy Saturday so far, which I’m happy with because I don’t want it to be too hot for my park run.

our Grandchildren are coming for a sleepover later while their mum and dad have a night out, so that’ll be fun trying to entertain them. 

I’ll also be keeping tabs on how Notts are doing in the afternoon.

I hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,369
  • Days Won:  161
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Good Morning all.

A bit cooler this morning with cloud cover.

Prepared dinner for later this afternoon.

Looking forward to the Peterborough v Notts match and will be keeping an eye on the updates.

TV and News a no no today, just going to take it easy this Saturday, and watch a DVD this evening.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'm trying to relax whilst feeling a nice cool breeze through my window. I have been literally melting these past few days and at night I have struggled to sleep due to it. I've also earned a bit of a rest, since doing some gardening earlier in the week.

The past few days, I have been tempted to go to Wilford Hill Cemetery, but it won't be today.

So, I will rest up today and try to catch up on some of the things I have been otherwise tied up with. Tomorrow, I really do want to get out though, so I'll probably go see that person who calls himself Super Ram. ;)

We are planning to have a film night too, though I think that will be sometime in the upcoming week. As for making it to Wilford, I think Kate's spoken about Thursday for that. It's maintenance time and tidying things up, so if the weather is nice. We can take care of that... 🤞

• Like 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Saturday, I spent most of the afternoon offline.

We decided to have the film night then, so we popped out to a local shop to get treats (as bribery) to encourage it to be watched, without complaints. We ended up choosing IF, which is about imaginary friends. I thought it was very good, less story-based driven but full of meaningful messages about enjoying life etc. I also made some home-made popcorn, which is something I liked to do.

A bit of oil, sugar stir it in nicely and then coat the popcorn kernels and shake every 20–30 seconds.

On Sunday, I managed to go see @super_ram. No gardening, just catching up and talking.

It was a decent weekend, thankfully not overbearingly warm.

• Like 1