Lee Carsley, Interim England Manager

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,479
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Lee Carsley has been announced as interim manager of the England Men's football team.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,479
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I think it is a good move to appoint Lee as interim manager. It's probably for several games to see how he gets on or they have someone else in mind.

I just hope that we don't see a continuation of the football style that we saw from England under Gareth Southgate.

I do believe that Lee should be given the licence by the powers that be to play to any style that he feels is going to be successful for England.

Do I believe that will happen? I'm not confident that it will. Someone from above is seemingly directing what should be the England style and the manager has to carry it out.

What I do hope is that Lee will look to bring in alternatives to make up his squad of players, who will give more mobility and pace into this England team.

I will be watching Lee's progress to see what transpires & if Lee does make a mark with his England selections immediately.

• Like 3

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Days Won:  17

@Robbie

Your Quote regarding Someone from up  above is seemingly directing what should be the England Style and the Manager has to carry it out. Just Replace England with Notts and Manager with Head Coach and you have the same scenario as it is at The Lane. Your statement in another thread regarding the fact should Stuart Maynard be sacked, Notts will only replace him with another Coach who will continue to play the Notts "Model" also rings very true. Until it realized that the Notts Style Does Not Work the Magpies will stumble on from one Disaster to Another.

The same could happen to Carsley  despite the fact of his success with the U21'S playing a Totally different type of Football than the Dross Gareth Southgate produced the F.A. may force him to play Southgate's way because it got England to two Euro Finals and a World Cup Semi Final. The Problem is You Get Nowt For Coming Second. The Football Authorities need to let Lee Carsley have Free Range and See what sort of Success his playing Style will bring to the National Side.

It was stated on the B.B.C. Football Website that Poch would be interested in the England Job. Heaven Forbid After the Disasters the Previous two Foreign Managers were for England, you just have to Hope the F.A. Don't Go Down That Route.

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

He deserves a chance. He has a very good record with the England youth teams and already knows the setup and job better than any club manager. Being a club manager and coaching a national team are very different jobs and the idea that a very successful club manager would be a great national team coach is well wide of the mark.

We don't need a big name, we need a good coach. Neither of the coaches in the final of Euro 24 had won a single thing as a club manager.

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

its a bit of a farse by appointing him as the interim manager, its like hiring someone for a job but not having the faith in their ability so the job advert remains out there just in case. if someone is good enough to take temporary charge, more faith should be shown. unless lee carlsley is not sure about the role, but i dont think that would be the case. i think its more the fa pandering to potential mardy england fans.

personally i would give give him it for two tournaments and see how he does.

• Like 1