Jacob Bedeau. Who is He?

Robbie

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,479
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Jacob Mitchell Bedeau was born on 24/12/1999 at Waltham Forest, England. He chose to play internationally for Grenada, him being of Grenadian descent.
Jacob can play in the centre of defence or wing back.

Jacob started his football academy career with Leyton Orient, before moving to Bury's footballing academy, where he impressed & made is professional debut for Bury before the age of 17, & he was to make 7 appearances for Bury in total.

Jacob began to catch the eye of top flight clubs & it was no surprise when he was snapped up by Aston Villa for £900K on a 2.5 year contract in Jan 2017.
Although Jacob didn't play for the first team during his time there, he was an important member of their U 23 squad, helping them to win a Cup & become runners up in their league.

In Jan 2019, Jacob joined League One side Scunthorpe U. He made his first team debut in Sept 2019 & altogether made 53 appearances for Scunthorpe before being released at the end of the 20/21 season.

After his release from Scunthorpe, Jacob then moved on to join Burnley on a two year deal & was put into the U 23 squad. In Jan 2022 Jacob joined League one side Morecambe on loan, he made his loan period permanent in Aug 2022 for an undisclosed amount. In all, Jacob made 90 appearances in League one & League 2 for Morecambe & scored two goals.

As we know, Jacob joined Notts on the 14th June 2024 on a three year deal and he's been very impressive in his pre-season games & his one league game so far.

Richard Montague was very pleased to get Jacob's signature, he believes Jacob will bring youth, experience & quality to the back line. "He is quick, powerful & brilliant in the air & is outstanding as a one v one defender".

( Source, google)

• Like 1
  • Love 4

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  580
  • Days Won:  2

After his debut, he doesn’t need an introduction, but I thought this was a good read. Very informative for us to discuss him. I think he could be the signing of the season.

• Like 5

Supporter+

@NiftyNick £900K at 17. That's big money for a 17 year old. 

• Like 4

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

I am enjoying reading your “Who is He?” series, @Robbie. Jacob Bedeau looks like a quality player at this level. Very calm and collected. I hope to see his performance continue to flourish as we have needed solid centre-backs for a while. I think he and Matty Platt give us a great foundation.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

jacob bedeau and matty platt look like fantastic signings, i think bedeau looks very calm and influential. its good to see how he has done, i left tranmere very impressed with him. i thought he was the better defender for us, getting involved and cutting out chances, but also being a big part going forward.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  628
  • Days Won:  1

I like the effort writing this, it's a good read and I agree with comments before me that he looks like a very capable defender. I do think his speed and ability are unmatched from what I have seen so far.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,355
  • Days Won:  1

Nice read on Jacob Bedeau. The fee he attracted earlier in his career shows he was seen for his potential. While he might not have reached that yet, there is still time. He could make a move further up the leagues, hopefully with us.

• Like 2

Supporter+
  • Like 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,780
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

One word of caution.....his passing maybe not as good as we would like