Threads...."The most horrific, sobering thing I’ve ever seen’: BBC nuclear apocalypse film Threads 40 years on"

Piethagoram

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,132
  • Days Won:  17

This was forty years ago? Blimey I still remember watching it on our TV the whole Family  sat eyes glued to the set and Not word was spoken during the whole program.

• Like 6

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,441
  • Days Won:  163
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Unfortunately, we are closer to Armergeddon than we have ever been in the last 60 odd years since the Cuban missile crisis.

WIth China set to become the premier military power, the problems in eastern Europe & the middle east, the probability that Iran may acquire nuclear capability & more & more Countries wanting to join the nuclear club.

The World is becoming a much more dangerous place for us minions. But of course the political elites & their families, will be safe for a while huddled in their bunkers, if ever the worse possible scenario became reality.

• Like 5

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,132
  • Days Won:  17

If there is ever a Nuclear War and the Elites and their families do survive, what good will all their Money Do Them? You can't eat Banknotes, Coins or Credit Cards.

• Like 5

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,460
  • Days Won:  15

It is a grim video that still grabs your attention and makes you think. Does anyone remember BBC’s Ghost Watch? That had a similar effect on the nation in the 90s.

• Like 5

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,900
  • Days Won:  162

a teacher showed it my class in science because people were messing about, so he had us watch it. i think its a scary thought that nuclear war could be such a nightmare when you know its just a video. its hard hitting and horrible, i have also seen videos about the nuclear explosion in russia. :(

scary stuff!

• Like 4

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I remember coming across videos on YouTube, then later finding it to watch. I think it actually used to be on YouTube. I thought for the time, it was well filmed and whilst the subject is one of major concern, I can't say it had the same effect as someone who watched it going in blind or at the time of its creation.

I like films where it focuses on disasters, so that doesn't help. It's better than the "Day After Tomorrow".

• Like 1