Neal Bishop Signed New Contract

Chris

New deal for Magpies skipper

Neal-Bishop-Notts-County_2882951.jpgNotts County captain Neal Bishop has had his contract extended by a further year.

Bishop had a clause in his existing deal triggering a 12-month extension if he started more than 20 matches for the club this season.

The 31-year-old midfielder has actually started all 24 of the Magpies' League One games this campaign.

Manager Keith Curle was happy to confirm that Bishop will now be at Meadow Lane until at least the summer of 2014.

"It's great he's going to be here for another year," Curle told the Nottingham Post. "He has led by example this season and is generally considered to be playing his best football since he's been at Notts.

"He's really enjoying the responsibility of being captain and he has a great attitude and work ethic as well. Neal is becoming the complete midfielder."

Great to see his contract being extended!

Supporter+

Me too, I think I right in saying he is the only one left from the Championship winning side when we came up to League 1.

Me too, I think I right in saying he is the only one left from the Championship winning side when we came up to League 1.

Yes he is. Neal agreed to do an interview before Christmas with us and one of our questions asked by James was related to this. I wonder, now that Lee Hughes has left us if his thoughts would of been different since he is the only survivor of that side.

Archived