Two Years Ago Today...

weymouthPIE

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Richard Butcher tragically passed away, can't believe its been that long.

Went to see us play at Bournemouth near the end of the 2008/09 season, he came over and said hello to all the early arriving notts fans, he was a great guy. Never forget the winning goal he scored against Aldershot that season, the first game after Jimmy Sirrels death, I wasent there but you could tell how much it meant to the club with the roar of the crowd.

Gone far too soon but never forgotten, Rest In Peace Butch

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Thank you for your services to our club Butch, we haven't forgotten you! R.I.P :(

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Thank you for your services to our club Butch, we haven't forgotten you! R.I.P :(

Yes we haven't forgotten you! Always a player who would be warm and respectful towards us. I have many warm memories which I will never forget, as do other family members.

R.I.P Richard Butcher

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,900
  • Days Won:  162

its been that long? did they ever find out what caused him to leave us so early in his life? very sad and missed. rip butch

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

its been that long? did they ever find out what caused him to leave us so early in his life? very sad and missed. rip butch

A coroner's verdict was that his death was caused by the heart condition cardiac arrhythmia. So sad when you think he was only 29. just goes to show you never know when your time is up :(

A coroner's verdict was that his death was caused by the heart condition cardiac arrhythmia. So sad when you think he was only 29. just goes to show you never know when your time is up :(

Didn't that result in a push for the heart checks, though it didn't seem to be taken as serious as when Muamba? (obviously due to publicity)

I swear I recall football focus or one of the shows similar did a segment where they was at the club Butch played for prior to his death, where they was doing checks for the whole squad and started pushing for the football league to have the screening. I might be getting confused with the other player who died though.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  176
  • Days Won:  8

Butch was well respected by all.

Sad day.

Respect and rest in peace Butch.

What happened to him? Sorry I don't know!

RIP

Here

One of our ex players died from a heart condition, he was one of very few who shined when we had a very poor squad. He was the exception with the odd few, always give his best (as did most of the squad) but he was an highlight of the team.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  1

A true notts legend was one of my fav players at the time and main reason we avoided going down for 2-3 years should of never let him leave the club was a complete joke

Archived