Is Queen Elizabeth II our rightful monarch?

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

An amateur historian has come out with a theory that King Harold survived the battle of Hastings in 1066, and lived for 40 years as somewhat of a hermit. The crew who found Richard III under the car park in Leicester, have been called in to start the initial investigations.

Now he had three children of his own, and the line of succession would have been Edgar the Aethling, could that line have descended down to modern day...???

In which case, is it at all possible that somebody could end up with a claim on the throne???

I dare say that even if the theory is right, it would never be allowed to be verified.

Imagine Cecil I, of Bognor Regis being King? or Phoebe I of Welwyn Garden City being Queen.....

One thinks, it might be time to research ones family history..

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Very interesting, I wonder how true it is and how they could prove it beyond any disbelief.

I doubt it would be allowed.

Time will tell, they have the results in a couple of weeks time, and then they have to try and get permission for a full excavation...

Then they have to hope that the body is that of an 80 odd year old, with scars to the face, which would potentially match Harold's injuries, then they would need another body from the same family I suppose to do a DNA match with...

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I see a lot of complications coming forward but it would be interesting. I just wonder what the next big thing will be, seems they keep pushing and finding things.

I blame Baldrick

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

How many pretenders to the crown has there been over the centuries? Lizzy is the Queen because possession is 9/10s of the law.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

In my opinion, Shaun Derry is the rightfull heir to the throne ;)

DId anyone hear Matchtalk a few weeks back, when some chap rang up to talk about Derry, and he finished his piece by saying he'd had some jehovah's witnesses at his door, and he told them the only god I know is Shaun Derry :hyper:

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  732
  • Days Won:  3

I will tell you what I would have Derry on the throne, more so than who currently resides there. If this is to be proven, I am sure she will soon get up and do something!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

anymore news on this? i cant find much about it.

There are a couple of possible burial sites..

Wiki says it is more likely Waltham Abbey, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waltham_Abbey_Church

The part of the page reads: In 1177, the Waltham became an Augustinian foundation, and the new incumbents published Vita Haroldi ("The Life of Harold") soon afterwards, which records a legend that Harold survived the battle and retired as a hermit to either Chester or Canterbury; it is thought that the motive for this was to distract attention away from Harold's tomb in the church, as he was still a politically sensitive figure to the Norman ruling class.

But, this month a group have requested permission to exhume a body in a Bosham churchyard...

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/we-believe-harold-is-buried-here-and-we-want-to-dig-him-up-1-6357951

The plot thickens, N'est-ce pas

Archived