The Danger of Beans

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Today Cheeky~K8 popped out for a few hours and I was in charge of looking after the children (seriously they looked after me). Now I've cooked and prepared food for hundreds of people, so it doesn't faze me.

Children are easy right?

First Ava refused to eat? (this says nothing about my cooking) ;) Secondly Jake insisted that he had Turkey Dinosaurs and Smiley faces, Ellie on the other hand wanted Beans on Toast!

I managed to talk Ellie into having the same as Jake but with beans.

Guess what? Opening the tin up (or I should say trying), it exploded in my face and a portion of beans + sauce went everywhere close by. Now the tin's lid went straight into the can and being a typical man, I put the tin down and served the food as it was. No beans for Ellie! Now how can a tin being forced outwards explode into someone's face?

I suspect compressed air or something but seriously, beans went everywhere!!

Oh and I found this...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2596046/Couple-woken-tin-beans-explodes-kitchen-cupboard.html

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

lol @notts-joe

no beans on toast for you then. :P

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I thought this was going to be about bottom burps but actually sounds pretty dangerous.

I hope you got cleared up before @cheeky~Kate got home.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Certainly when tinned goods come towards the end of the shelf life, there is the risk of this happening... I haven't heard of it happening apart from that...

There weren't any camcorders near by, where there? @cheeky~k8 sending it off to YBF!!!!

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Well the tin was only bought a few weeks ago and had years of life left on the tin. It sounded quite funny in the text joe sent me. Everyone was ok and i just have to clean the curtain in the kitchen as Joe cleaned up the rest.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's a good job I can laugh at myself! :P

I thought this was going to be about bottom burps but actually sounds pretty dangerous.

I hope you got cleared up before @cheeky~Kate got home.

It was only a handful of beans really, just the source which went everywhere. Never experienced this with any food tinned food before, I blame Tesco but apart from the surprise and shock, no harm.

Certainly when tinned goods come towards the end of the shelf life, there is the risk of this happening... I haven't heard of it happening apart from that...

There weren't any camcorders near by, where there? @cheeky~k8 sending it off to YBF!!!!

No, though it would have captured me laughing my head off.

It wasn't near the end of its shelve life though. I think it was just a dodgy Tesco tin! LOL

Well the tin was only bought a few weeks ago and had years of life left on the tin. It sounded quite funny in the text joe sent me. Everyone was ok and i just have to clean the curtain in the kitchen as Joe cleaned up the rest.

It was funny to me but nobody else should laugh! :rolleyes::twitch:

hehe

Archived