Swindon - winding up petition

PTID1862

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

The article from local Swindon paper, says the club have been served a petition, but nothing to worry about, as it is sorted...

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/11778197.Swindon_Town_say_winding_up_case_is_sorted_as_date_set_for_High_Court_hearing/?ref=rss

Still not the best news for @medievalmickey ....

I know it is only the taxman trying to get monies owed, but there must be problems if a bill goes unpaid for this length of time, I know companies delay and delay payments as long as possible, but not this long

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

Perhaps @medievalmickey can enlighten us.

• Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  3

This is a Notts County forum so I will not bore you with recent ownership history but, in a nutshell, we now have an excellent Chairman running the club. The football is attractive and is fun to watch.

I quote the Club Statement:

"The Club has had a winding up petition presented against it, which has been fully paid.

Receipt of monies have been confirmed and we are going through the process of having the petition set aside.

We would like to reassure everyone that there is no danger of the Club going into liquidation and this, hopefully, is the last of a series of challenges arising from the ownership battle the Club has had to tackle."

It is such a shame that these incidents continue to rear their heads but perhaps we can look forward to simply following the club on the pitch.

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

@medievalmickey pleased it is all getting sorted... we too have had our fair share of the like

Glad to hear it's all sorted @medievalmickey,thanks for the update.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

This is a Notts County forum so I will not bore you with recent ownership history but, in a nutshell, we now have an excellent Chairman running the club. The football is attractive and is fun to watch.

I quote the Club Statement:

"The Club has had a winding up petition presented against it, which has been fully paid.

Receipt of monies have been confirmed and we are going through the process of having the petition set aside.

We would like to reassure everyone that there is no danger of the Club going into liquidation and this, hopefully, is the last of a series of challenges arising from the ownership battle the Club has had to tackle."

It is such a shame that these incidents continue to rear their heads but perhaps we can look forward to simply following the club on the pitch.

Always remember we are a Notts County site but we do like keeping updated, as the majority of us are fans of football. I think that's why we all look forward to seeing residents fans drop by. :)

Thanks for sharing!

Always remember we are a Notts County site but we do like keeping updated, as the majority of us are fans of football. I think that's why we all look forward to seeing residents fans drop by. :)

Thanks for sharing!

Yes,it's always nice to hear opposition fans views and updates.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

It always amazes me that if an individual, or a small football club, owe the tax man any amount of money, they are all over them and hand out winding up petitions.

However if you are mates with posh w****** in parliament, you don't have to pay tax and can continue to fleece the country of millions/billions.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

its good to see that things are going okay, that it the bills have been paid.

Archived