Haydn 'Hoof it' Hollis

Captain Sticky

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  1

Getting lots of flack over recent weeks on various social media (especially facebook). What are people's thoughts? I'll add mine further down the thread

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

He has a use. Would he ideally be starting? Perhaps not.

His only use is as a ball boy and he would probably struggle with that. My opinions are well known on the matter, but I don't go in for criticism p a st here and in the stand. All his social media rubbish aimed directly at him isn't helping anyone. He needs dropping. End of.

His confidence is shot. It was even more apparent today than normal. At the rate cred are going we are going down fast due to defensive errors and poor legs in the middle from players like Smith. Though to be fair, when you're constantly hoofing it why bother with a major midfield. Frustrating really when C Thompson is playing his heart out like a terrier and the team seem bell bent on cutting him out of the equation.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I've said my take many times.

He's inexperienced but he's getting there, as a player he improves all the time but not in the areas where it lets him down. For me he needs to work hard on his distribution. It's not hard to pass at all, in fact (despite my knees) I can still pass far better than quite a few of our first team players (this is written without any sarcasm, I used to be very decent at footballer). I would drop him for a game, one where by we should cope but it is hard to see an existing defence without him in the middle.

Naturally he will make mistakes but I think he's lost that spark (not confidence) that made him establish himself in the first place.

He doesn't communicate as he used too, he doesn't seem the same player in some regards and I can only compare this to losing interest in your job once you settle in. You take it for granted and sometimes you see people being warned about it, yet I think Derry sees him as a vital player which we don't have many CB's who can put in some of the amazing challenges he does do so well.

I largely don't agree with comments about him being awful, he's not. He's young but he needs to work at it.

Nothing directly, though I feel @Pies4u makes several valid points in regards to Haydn.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

He should never have been given a pro contract, he wasn't good enough as a kid and he hasn't got any better. He still makes the same mistakes now that he was as a kid

As for the direct abuse on social media, it is wrong on any & every level, he isn't anywhere near good enough but it's not his fault he keeps getting picked is it?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I agree with Joe I don't think he's that bad, although I don't pretend to be an expert never having played the game. He's big and strong and that's what you need at this level, his distribution isn't brilliant sometimes but neither was Brian Stubbs from the 70s and he was a great no nonsense centre back.

Haydn is young and is learning I think people should cut him some slack.

Tony (donning his tin hat and awaiting the flak)

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

The problem is that if you watch the games back on Magpie player he is culpable in one way or another for alot of the opposition goals in recent matches. Every player makes mistakes, hence them playing league one football. Consistent mistakes leading to opposition goals causes serious problems. His distribution is by far the worst I've seen

In a central defender us or an opposition team for many a year.

Archived