Notts County sign Sol Campbell

cheeky~k8

The former England centre-back joined the Midlands club after holding talks during the day, and is due to be presented to the media at Meadow Lane on Tuesday.

Campbell has become the club’s highest profile signing since Sven-Goran Eriksson was appointed as director of football this summer.

View Article

When county actually announce this it will be very big for the club, couple more might follow before the deadline and lets hope he comes with his passion and not just his wallet.

I think kasper could as well be bigger in terms of "shock" or "surprise" if you want. He's a young lad, his career ahead of him and campbell like most old players is stepping down. Big name, though it's not all that "big" when comparing him to kasper least in my views.

Guess we're stuck with him walking around my workplace for time been, might have to get that autograph book soon too.

YOU PIES!

~Joey

It depends how we go out but with us signing sol I think most of our players will want to make a statement that they can play equally as good. Barnet I think are one of the teams we will win easily though.

No doubt kasper will be delighted with having someone solid in front of him.

Just hope our defence don't give two pens in 3 minutes again! so far the only way a sides scored against us.. no open play goals for county!! I must be dreaming lol

~Joey

I didnt realise he was coming to county with two roles! seen as he will be a player aswell as coach i can see it being more benificial for the team on the whole! We'll just have to see how we go with him now! Unfortunately his first match will be while im on holiday but i will be keeping an eye on it!

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently hours after walking out of our gates Sol spoke to Hull and Ipswich! Also, I read somewhere that the FA have said if he cannot come up with a 'real' reason for leaving then he cannot join another team until January at the earliest....Which is why I think he had the newspaper reports on Saturday/Sunday! A immature way of pointing the finger to justify being a petulant child!

so Sol didn't last but Notts are back to winning ways.Coincidence?If a players heart isn't in his job then he's no use to anyone.Loyalty not money seems to be an old fashioned idea these days.

Archived