Crawley Town (H)

Dripsey3

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

From the sounds of it we did ok after a slower start. Consistency is the key. Hollis and Edwards will never be my choice of pairing, but the defence has looked so fragile so far I'm willing to put up with it until he sorts out other options. Bennett seems to have disappeared off the radar!
Not sure how long Smith and Edwards can keep going though tbh. Resting them every other game to keep them fit hampers team unity in naming the same squad week in, week out.

Glad we won because it lightened my mood after the leak in the toilet everywhere yesterday!

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,298
  • Days Won:  69

I listened to Uncle Colin's commentary and when Crawley scored thought 'here we go again' but Notts soon went ahead and seemed to be well in control after a sloppy first 20 minutes.Confidence and self-belief  seem to be a key factor as much as team selection and tactics.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

All the better teams in the leagues know how to win ugly. It didn't sound like it was a great game, it didn't sound like we played that well, but the end result is similar, 3 points.

We must continue to build on this, the most important thing is results at the moment. 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Yeah, Uncle Colin mentioned how the formation made it hard for Notts to play but as quick as he said that, he mentioned Crawley's bench being unhappy with their defence and before I knew it we had scored.

Supposedly from scrappy play, yet I for one don't care how we score - provided we try to play the best football that we can.

Goals are goals and someone sent BBC Radio Nottingham (Sport) a message about preferring us to win scrappy than to lose playing pretty football. The points there, though I at least want to see Notts try to play good football.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  3

We were shambolic for 25 minutes and conceded a daft goal. fortunately, a golden 2 minutes and 2 neat finishes, followed by the early 2nd half pen, boosted confidence and settled the nerves.

We looked decent in spells after that. Smith showed strength and awareness, MacLeod as lively and a threat, Noble, Aborah and Campbell were busy.  I just wish Aborah was more effective in the opposition's half and that Swerts coud find a position where he can play! He scares the cr@p out of me - I've seen him in 3 positions now and he's out of place in all of them! Not sure what he brings to the party tbh, he has a bit of skill but he's not mobile, not good in the air and he goes to ground far too easily. He got skinned time after time last night.

Stead is just a waste of a shirt, bringing him on was farcical. He posed zero threat to their goal. He is more of threat to us than the opposition. Clumsy and clueless.  I think he's played in some decent sides alongside good players throughout his career but he looks like a pub player to me. Hopeless touch and control and he hasn't got a shot in him.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

We were shambolic for 25 minutes and conceded a daft goal. fortunately, a golden 2 minutes and 2 neat finishes, followed by the early 2nd half pen, boosted confidence and settled the nerves.

We looked decent in spells after that. Smith showed strength and awareness, MacLeod as lively and a threat, Noble, Aborah and Campbell were busy. I just wish Aborah was more effective in the opposition's half and that Swerts coud find a position where he can play! He scares the cr@p out of me - I've seen him in 3 positions now and he's out of place in all of them! Not sure what he brings to the party tbh, he has a bit of skill but he's not mobile, not good in the air and he goes to ground far too easily. He got skinned time after time last night.

Stead is just a waste of a shirt, bringing him on was farcical. He posed zero threat to their goal. He is more of threat to us than the opposition. Clumsy and clueless. I think he's played in some decent sides alongside good players throughout his career but he looks like a pub player to me. Hopeless touch and control and he hasn't got a shot in him.

sorry have to disagree with you on swerts he has been one of our better defenders at Luton he dealt with mackail smith mostly all game otherwise he would of had a hatricks at villa when he dropped to centre back he was very good to i think he's a lot better then sprockel an amervor he just needs a settled position that's all

Well, it isn't left back! He was weak as water on Tues. He spent most of the evening making inaccurate passes, watching opponents whizz past him as if he wasn't there or going to ground like a dying swan!it was on,y their lack of any composure or ball control around our box that prevented them being 3 - 0 up thanks to him and the usual faux pas from Hollis, who thinks that marking a man consists of being within 5 yards of him in the penalty area. To be fair to Hollis, he got better, Swerts didn't, he was cr@p all night.

It isn't midfield either - he was dreadful against the Slags in the Mickey Mouse Cup. Gave the ball away, directed "hospital" passes to Atkinson & others & then, fortunately, went off. That was it! That was painful to watch.

He is no more a central defender than I am.,no matter what he did with CMS. He is immobile and hopeless in the air. He has some ball skills but he doesn't apply them effectively at the moment. He is like Jenner & Stead - past his best, to put it politely. I think he must be related to Moniz, there is no other reason for selecting him tbh. He may improve because he has decent basic skills but, equally, he may also get found out more and more as the season progresses. I hope it is the former.

okay so who you replace swerts with who's any better then him that is fit ? but a lot more players then swerts have been found out take the Luton game when Burke an the midfield were boming forward then leaving a huge gap for Luton to play in and take shots the whole defends got found out against Mansfield in fact the whole team did Wimbledon holis allowed the crosses in the box they score bennet at Oxford got found out he may be average in you're view which is a fair opinion but who would you replace him with that's any better that's fit at the minute then

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

I thought Swerts played ok, he is one of our better players. Smith had I think one of his best games as a County player.

because At this level smith has the bite an the battle in him to graft that's why him noble an Thomson should be in there they don't allow you time an they are all decent passers

Audel is a liability - but he's a better left back than Swerts!

We signed a bagful of full backs, one of them has to be an improvement, surely? Adams is certainly miles better for starters - despite his inadequacies.

I think Jenner & Swerts will be warming the bench most of the season tbh - if they are still fit by November, which is by no means certain, they are past it tbh.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

I think @[member="Pies4u"] you are being a bit hard on Swerts. I didnt see the Crawley game, but have seen most of the rest and he seems to have good composure, enough pace to do the job and pace. (not lb, but rb.)

Archived