Plymouth (H)

Dripsey3

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Days Won:  0

Argyle fan in peace...ultimate smash n grab. I think 95% of our fans at game would agree we were 2nd best throughout. Perhaps Reid was the difference. That little bit of quality. He does sod all game except score but thats what he is employed to do. The consensus was that u have a good team. The coloured lad and the robbie savage lookalike ran the show. Very impressive. Fantastic tacklers too who didnt give up. I am sure that County will come good. Stick together, I bet u are up around top 5 by april. Good luck for the season

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Danny is right you know @[member="Notts26"], your posts can be a hard read. Paragraphs are your friend!  :)

Unfortunately I missed the first 30 minutes as the Irish pub had the rugby on. Who cares about egg chasing anyway?!?

When I got back I saw a Notts side playing very attractive, fluent football, albeit without any real bite up front. We had lots of shots on goal, but how many times did we genuinely test their keeper? Most of our attempts were from out wide or frustrated pot shots from outside the box.

The good:

Stanley Aborah - he looks a real find. Skilful, imaginative and uses the ball well. Unfortunately, he finished the game playing far too deep.

Graham Burke - involved in a lot of our good moves in what I saw of their first half, went off the boil badly in the second.

Plymouth Argyle - will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season. True, we played the better football and enjoyed more possession, but Argyle were solid in defence and looked a constant threat on the break. If we'd gone away from home and played like that, we'd have all been delighted.

The bad:

Izale McLeod - very little impact throughout. His decision to take a dive rather to release the ball while in a promising position on the edge of the area was particularly frustrating.

Gill Swerts - dear oh dear. The first goal aside, his passing was often atrocious.

I was going to do "the ugly" as well but I can't think of anything. Apart from maybe the Irish pub. Never mind!

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Argyle fan in peace...ultimate smash n grab. I think 95% of our fans at game would agree we were 2nd best throughout. Perhaps Reid was the difference. That little bit of quality. He does sod all game except score but thats what he is employed to do. The consensus was that u have a good team. The coloured lad and the robbie savage lookalike ran the show. Very impressive. Fantastic tacklers too who didnt give up. I am sure that County will come good. Stick together, I bet u are up around top 5 by april. Good luck for the season

You're being harsh on your team there, after our flurry at the start of the second half the match had an air of inevitability about it. In League 2 it's not about attractive football - if you're well-organised in defence and have someone like Reid up front who scores on the break, you'll go far. In our case we still don't have anything like a settled back four, which is why we're 16th despite the nice football.

The Robbie Savage lookalike was Alan Smith, formerly of Leeds and Manchester United!

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

Danny is right you know @[member="Notts26"], your posts can be a hard read. Paragraphs are your friend! :)

Unfortunately I missed the first 30 minutes as the Irish pub had the rugby on. Who cares about egg chasing anyway?!?

When I got back I saw a Notts side playing very attractive, fluent football, albeit without any real bite up front. We had lots of shots on goal, but how many times did we genuinely test their keeper? Most of our attempts were from out wide or frustrated pot shots from outside the box.

The good:

Stanley Aborah - he looks a real find. Skilful, imaginative and uses the ball well. Unfortunately, he finished the game playing far too deep.

Graham Burke - involved in a lot of our good moves in what I saw of their first half, went off the boil badly in the second.

Plymouth Argyle - will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season. True, we played the better football and enjoyed more possession, but Argyle were solid in defence and looked a constant threat on the break. If we'd gone away from home and played like that, we'd have all been delighted.

The bad:

Izale McLeod - very little impact throughout. His decision to take a dive rather to release the ball while in a promising position on the edge of the area was particularly frustrating.

Gill Swerts - dear oh dear. The first goal aside, his passing was often atrocious.

I was going to do "the ugly" as well but I can't think of anything. Apart from maybe the Irish pub. Never mind!

Stanley didn't drop back to deep at all he was instructed to.
Moniz took off Hewitt brought stead on and told Stanley.
To sit back as a CB also Burke should of scored.

Campbell caused them all kinds of issues with his pace.
he got behind loads just has no end product it' wasn't a exciting game how many chances did they have.

besides the goals they created very little as did we

• Content Count:  2
  • Days Won:  0

In response to Notts 26 and MrSausage, apologies I didn't do my research til after I posted. Stanley is a cracking player. Smith may be getting on a bit bit class will always shine through. As your own posters have said, just the final ball/finishing was lacking. But u play some great football. Certainly an off day for us. John Sheridan was not a popular manager and very short of ideas but credit to him, he taught this side how to defend. Again, best of luck for the rest of the season

In response to Notts 26 and MrSausage, apologies I didn't do my research til after I posted. Stanley is a cracking player. Smith may be getting on a bit bit class will always shine through. As your own posters have said, just the final ball/finishing was lacking. But u play some great football. Certainly an off day for us. John Sheridan was not a popular manager and very short of ideas but credit to him, he taught this side how to defend. Again, best of luck for the rest of the season

you don't gota apologise and everyone would love a Stanley abroah he's class at times .

he won't be here next year can easily do a job in championship at 28

As far as passing we pass most teams of the park at home.
just can't seem to bury chances we are 16th but we shouldn't be

• Content Count:  124
  • Days Won:  3

As The Man [ JS ] said, "if ya dinny score ya canny win."

Notts moved the ball well across the pitch, but were slow going forward, We had a lot of possession / corners / shots on and off target, but never looked like scoring, This is the only stat that counts and we didn't trouble the scorer. Too many players not aware of what was around them, were pressured by the opponents, and made the wrong decisions.  

Visitors defence worked as a well organised unit, who were confident that they could deal with everything we could throw at them. Never had a physical threat all match. The only way we could worry the back 4 would be telling them that their Mum was ill.

Plymouth were much more direct, seemed to believe they would score with every attack and basically did.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

The only way we could worry the back 4 would be telling them that their Mum was ill.

:biggrin: :joker:

Lol.

I've been saying it all along I said it before the game started.

I said I had a bad feeling about it that's 3 points given to Plymouth cause both goals were avoidable so if we fail.

To beat a struggling Yeovil an a decent Pompey squad at home that could be 9 points in total and see us 20th if Yeovil beat us

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,518
  • Days Won:  9

It was one of those performances that you just knew it was not going to be our day. I think despite playing well, several players had off days and if they hadn't, we have gotten something.

Plymouth looked good on the break.

I enjoyed the game, quite entertaining.

maybe they did look decent on the break but to say there top of league.

We made them look very average which is a plus if we can do that to all teams home and away we will tear teams apart

Archived