Exeter City (A)

Dripsey3

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

After a long trip to Bristol on Tuesday, Notts are heading for Devon on Saturday, a trip of 213 miles. The fixture computer obviously doesn't take distance into account...........

Exeter are 11th in the table. They have 21 points, 3 points ahead of Notts. They have scored 20 goals (2 more than Notts) and conceded 20 goals (1 less than Notts). They won 1-0 at home to Cambridge last night. 

Exeter like to play the ball on the ground. They play at a high tempo and work very hard to get the ball back. They actually do better against teams that like to play the ball on the ground. They have trouble against physical sides. 

Exeter's most dangerous player is their front man Tom Nichols. Hopefully Exeter go with Joel Grant alongside him, because Nichols and Clinton Morrison are a better combination. Morrison didn't play last night. Morrison might not score as many goals as he did, but he is creating chances for others. 

Notts are a side that suit Exeter. We won't bully them. We will play football. If we sit back like we did against Bristol Rovers then they will punish us. If we defend well and hit them on the counter, we will create chances against their defence. 

If we get our tactics right, I think we'll be OK, but I have a feeling we won't. I think RM will do what he did on Tuesday and I feel it won't work. I'm going for a 2-1 win for the home side. Noble on target for us. 

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

Joel Grant is lightning I'd rather he doesn't play his pace will tear Edwards to pieces I'd like to see us have pace on the wings Campbell Genaro and McLeod up top as a 3.

And then hit them on the breaks with the pace of Campbell Genaro McLeod I think Exeter being 10th there still a hit an miss team I Rember watchin em on to against Stevenage.

They didn't look brilliant by any means but like I've said what team has none defend properly keep a tight back four use the pace of Campbell snidjers McLeod and cause them problems

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Some fans told me they would take 4 points from the Rovers/City games, for me this is where 3 points can come from. Exeter are your typical battling side, they work hard but don't really have much else - this doesn't mean it will be plain sailing but it should give us the advantage.

Notts are starting to get a feeling for clean-sheets, which is important.

Right now, I do feel we will win (or can win that should be) but I wouldn't mind keeping another clean-sheet if it meant we got a point. I realise we need all the points we can get, yet for me, this is the start of sorting out our problems and the longer we can go without conceding - will naturally only give and breed confidence. If we can score and start winning in the process bonus!

well Barmby at Left back then or it's a 352 if he's at Left back sorry moniz you made a big mistake giving stags Adams sorry but you have recall him.

If Audels injury is a month or so and when is Milsom ever going to play for us

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Another away point, I am happy with that but felt we could have won with a bit more skill.

Nice to see Jimmy come off the bench although he didn't get much chance to change the game but it proves he's still in the managers mind.

Another away point, I am happy with that but felt we could have won with a bit more skill.

Nice to see Jimmy come off the bench although he didn't get much chance to change the game but it proves he's still in the managers mind.

6points off the play offs a win against Pompey an Northamphton puts us right up there now.

If we can just Nick a away win I think we will be flying no one is out of distance in the play offs from us or the top3 are 9 points.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

A draw was about right. Good result.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

We didn't lose at least.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Really entertaining game that. I thought we were the better side for the most part. We were stroking the ball about nicely, not looking in any real danger. McLeod's insistance of throwing himsellf to the deck at every opportunity is becoming rather tedious however, and that ultimately cost us the opening goal when he went down far too easily, and laid there on the deck starring at the ref whilst he rest of the team waited for a free kick that never came, and naturally Exeter broke down the other end and scored with their only effort of the first half.

Creidt to our lads, they didn't just roll over and should've been level pretty quickly when McLeod headed against the crossbar from close range before Noble eventually did come up with the goods. In truth the equaliser was the least we deserved.

Second half we started the brighter of the two but as we always seem to do, we gradualy faded, and come the seventy minute mark we were clearly knackered and were left to really hang on. Dissapointed in Moniz's decisions to be honest. It was obvious that McLeod was hanging out his a*se after an hour and it was desperately in need of freshening up, but he made the changes far too late. What on earth is the point of bringing Jimmy on on 9 minutes? They were there for the taking, and I really do think if he'd freshened it up we would've picked them off.

Still, its another point from another long away trip. We're definitely a million times stronger defensively than we were a few weeks ago, and I think the away wins will come sooner rather than later. They definitely need to.

Massive game next week against Pompey now. They've only lost once but don't appear to exacly be in top gear at the minute. A win against them would send out a real statement of intent

McLeod still ain't fit for me no pre season hardly any games at Crawley I think he's played 8-9 games not sure .

I've told you all this he does not like Jimmy Spencer at all despite gettin 5mins here an there also De Silva and Milsom surely have to be fit now .

Pompey are 2nd In the away form table and 16th in the home form table so should be interesting as they seem to not able to score many lately

Archived