The EFL - another rebranding

DangerousSausage

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

Cheaper ticket prices, safe standing? Nah, what the Football League really needs is another rebranding.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34800391

Of course, the EFL name has nothing at all to do with the common practice abroad of calling the Premier League the EPL. And who cares about tradition anyway? It's only the oldest football league in the world after all. Of course, the ridiculous names of the divisions will remain, as they're still suitably stupid. "The incredible Division" and "The Utter League" will just have to wait until the next rebranding.

I was also surprised to learn that 18,000 fans had been involved in the consultation process. Was any of you consulted? Which one of you decided that a logo reminiscent of a washing machine manufacturer would be a good idea?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Hmmm, I wonder if we will be in EFL1, EFL2 or whatever they are going to rebrand the conference to.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i think its stupid, i heard them claim it will see more money filter down from the prem but why because of a name change?

not much of a rebranding if you ask me.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

EFL, EDL? Concerns over the rise in violence within the English game and the Football League decide to re-brand using entails which are strikingly close.

Are we supposed to be excited about all this?

I think it's daft, L1/L2 and the Championship are simple and to the point. We all know it's the Football League Championship/ L1 and L2. We don't need the 'English' to be thrown in front to know that, I also doubt highly that it means we'll see more money filtered down the leagues. We have more chance of seeing safe standing at Meadow Lane within the next five years.

Archived