Match Discussion: Game 33 - The Pilgrims (A)

PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,277
  • Days Won:  80

Game 33 - The Pilgrims (A)

Team: Plymouth Argyle

Date: 27/02/16

Where: Home Park

What line-up should Jamie Fullarton opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

To win this we would need to put on a solid display and comfortable performance, I just don't see it happening.

Plymouth are a very good side, one who is in far better form and we will have to see the defence to it's just, whilst more advanced players will be required to take the second half approach from yesterday's game against Accrington. I'm quite nervous about if we end up going on a losing streak, not due to relegation but more pressing matters which will only become worse by us not making things which matter count.

I mean the best outcome I can see is a draw, yet I don't see it myself.

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

if we defend like we did against accrington, plymouth will destroy us. not feeling confident myself. :(

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  173
  • Days Won:  2

yeah as much as I wanted to look at positives from last night ...the highlights suggested it wasn't as close as 3-2 , however, being the eternal optimist, I'm hoping for a positive ... Notts really need to score first but my worry is the middle of midfield...seemed to get over run last night ...Is Aborah the answer to that? not convinced he is ...but they certainly need to be stronger in the middle for me 

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

4-5-1 with Aborah and Noble occupying 2 of the 3 centre midfield positions. Wide midfield any 2 of Campbell, Banton, Murray and/or Burke. Stead up front.

Defence: Milson, Hollis, McKenzie and Hewitt

Keeper: Pilkington

• Content Count:  530
  • Days Won:  24

We won't win.....can we sneak a draw....possibly.

I think the score will be 3-1 ........sorry

• Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

Plymouth 5 us 1 Itl be the same team noble on flank smith in middle etc now that Murray has scared hel be back on the bench same for Campbell.

Stanley won't play again as he was in reserves yesterday Rubén Reid will tear us apart they will thrash us and full of it will have a interview as such we played well for 10 mins an was unlucky an so on .

I don't see us winnin any game with him in charge it's just hoof football and no threat on pitch anymore and we look worse defensively now then we did under moniz at home 

and why is he gonna change the team now think about we lost to Wimbledon same team lost to York same team lost to Orient same team lost to Accrington same team he's to arrogant to change it 

"] and why is he gonna change the team now think about we lost to Wimbledon same team lost to York same team lost to Orient same team lost to Accrington same team he's to arrogant to change it 

I doubt he will. I was just posting what I would do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ivansneck said:

I doubt he will. I was just posting what I would do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@ivansneck go have a word with him for us all 👍🏻 

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,780
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Loach

Wildin Agathise Amevor Milsom

Noble Aborah Thompson 

Campbell Valencic

Stead

Don't think we will get anything from the game hence Piethagoram's inspiring line up. At least it will show the youngsters the step up required to make the grade.

Jamie will field same starting 11 at Accrington saying this is his best team. After a pasting, he says he felt no need to change by using substitutions as they were not fit enough to be on the bench.

13 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

Loach

Wildin Agathise Amevor Milsom

Noble Aborah Thompson 

Campbell Valencic

Stead

Don't think we will get anything from the game hence Piethagoram's inspiring line up. At least it will show the youngsters the step up required to make the grade.

Jamie will field same starting 11 at Accrington saying this is his best team. After a pasting, he says he felt no need to change by using substitutions as they were not fit enough to be on the bench.

spot on I'd be tempted to throw the young kids out to be honest least they give a bit of energy and effort.

Sharpe Aghastie yohan rutty smith montel Wildin etc I'd honestly give em a go maybe against Dagenham they'd play with more pride and passion 

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

It's roughly 253 miles from Nottingham to Plymouth. One of our longest away trips of the season. 

Plymouth are second in the table. They have 61 points (22 points more than Notts). They have scored 47 goals (1 more than Notts). They have conceded 27 goals (27 less than Notts). Plymouth's success is built on a strong defence as can be seen from the stats. Their attack isn't fantastic, but gets the job done and that's proved to be good enough so far. 

Plymouth have won 1, drawn 3 and lost 1 of their last 5. 

Plymouth use a 4-2-3-1 formation. Their back 5 is rock solid as already mentioned. The main threat in midfield is Graham Carey. He is quality at this level. Our old friend Jake Jervis could start on the wing. Ryan Brunt is starting ahead of Reuben Reid up front which may surprise a few people, but he is dangerous and needs watching. Reid will make an appearance at some point and Plymouth could go to 2 up front. 

This is going to be a tough game but IMO Notts won't be battered. I think we'll put it up to them. It has the makings of a tight game. I'll go for 1-0 to the home side, but I won't be too surprised if Notts get something out of the game. 

I get the feeling we'll be overly defensive today which wouldn't bode well going forward.

I'm pleased to see the response from fans who have gotten behind Notts, each person will be different but after recent news - the only way we can move forward is if we stand by what we support. Hopefully there won't be any trouble today, I'm quite sceptical that it won't be so plain sailing but provided we just give them a game - people will accept it. I hope today is more about the football!

I can't see Notts winning, a draw at the best but it depends which team turns up. I would hope to read that Stanley is playing, as I would hope to see a solid line-up which consists of a good balanced squad. Not focused solely on defending, not over packed to attack - finely mixed. COYP!

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Days Won:  0

I havent quite erased the memory of the home game, but remember we were well on top... until they scored. Maybe we can rekindle some fighting spirit and attacking midfield play if Stanley gets back into the team. I am not hopeful of anything more than a point, with so much off the field activity back at the club. Uncertainty always does seem to get through to the playing staff no matter what the manager says.

It will be interesting to see how this game pans out with all the uncertainty around ML at the moment.

JF must know his days are numbered now UNLESS he goes on a winning streak.....so does he play conservatively, hoping to sneak a draw at the 2nd placed team, or play a more open game in order to get a shock win?

Same with a few of the players......new potential owners normally like to have their "own team"........will this motivate a few to "step up to the plate" or demotivate them as they are thinking they will lose their contracts?

I think there are very few Notts players who are guaranteed a place next season.

• Like 1

Murray and Campbell are a positive though. Noble out is a negative for me.

• Content Count:  1,179

I am happy its Milsom rather than smithy

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 25/02/2016 at 08:50, Modern Fan 1862 👍 said:

@ivansneck go have a word with him for us all 👍🏻 

I have a word for him, but I can't post it on PON!

• Content Count:  1,179

I've just seen that with 5mins to go we brought on smith and audel when we are chasing a game...

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Looking at the match stats, it seems like we played much better......maybe JF has found a better starting X1

Did we play 2 wingers plus Stead up front?......plus Smith on the bench for 85 minutes....certainly gave us plenty of the attack.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

JF does better away from home. Game went pretty much as expected.

I'm not sure how we played, I didn't listen or really keep up-to-date with the score. I know they scored and that it ended that way (without further goals) but I have no idea if we put together a good performance. By the sounds of what fans have told me via Facebook, it would suggest it was a better response. That's promising - I'm looking forward to watching the highlights.

See how the defence and so did.

Hopefully we conceded a good goal, rather than one from a mistake or worse. COYP!