Leicester

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

I went to Leiceter - Newcastle last night to cheer on Leicester. What most refereshing was that every Newcastle fan we spoke to wanted Leicester to win the league, but will they?

They have got some quality to be sure, but not a vast amount. They play a simple defend and break fast system which suits the players they've got. They play for each other and for the manager, a real team.

But I thought they looked tired (probably mentally more than physically), and Newcastle, who weren't as bad as their league position would suggest, could easily have got a point if their players had the confidence to shoot.

The question I'm left with is - How many points do the Foxes need to pick up from their last 8 games?

24 points - 20 wins the league mathematically, but that needs Spurs to win 8 in a row. I guess 16 - 5 wins, 1 draw and 2 defeats will be enough.

Come on Leicester - shove it up the so-called and self-styled big 5, and there lapdogs in the media!!

Thoughts?

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

Other clubs seem to be dropping points as well and for Tottenham as much as Leicester it is new ground as well, challenging for the title at this stage. West Ham also might break into the top four, I hope they do. I think it will go down to the last match, and maybe Newcastle fighting for premier league survival will beat Tottenham.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I just hope Spurs don't overtake Leicester, they don't deserve to be so high. I've watched several of their games and I've been left feeling very unimpressed.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,442
  • Days Won:  287

I think they may well need less than 16 points. That would put them on 79 points - Tottenham would need to win 7 or their last 8 games to catch them. Arsenal and Man City are out of the picture now unless Leicester and Spurs blow up spectacularly and they go on a run of wins, something they haven't been managing of late. Hope they do it!

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

A Leicester mate of mine thinks they need to win another 5, but I think if they finish 4-1-3 it will be enough. Neither Arsenal, nor Man City will get close to winning all their remaining matches and I don't think Spurs can finish 6-0-2 in order to beat them on GD.

I think they will need to win only 1 of their last 3 games to clinch it.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,285
  • Days Won:  69

On 15/03/2016 at 12:32, ivansneck said:

I went to Leiceter - Newcastle last night to cheer on Leicester. What most refereshing was that every Newcastle fan we spoke to wanted Leicester to win the league, but will they?

They have got some quality to be sure, but not a vast amount. They play a simple defend and break fast system which suits the players they've got. They play for each other and for the manager, a real team.

But I thought they looked tired (probably mentally more than physically), and Newcastle, who weren't as bad as their league position would suggest, could easily have got a point if their players had the confidence to shoot.

The question I'm left with is - How many points do the Foxes need to pick up from their last 8 games?

24 points - 20 wins the league mathematically, but that needs Spurs to win 8 in a row. I guess 16 - 5 wins, 1 draw and 2 defeats will be enough.

Come on Leicester - shove it up the so-called and self-styled big 5, and there lapdogs in the media!!

Thoughts?

I'd love Leicester to win the league and for the same reason as you @ivansneck

Archived