sacked

Riverleeno

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

The players need a new direction if we are to stay in the league and tbh we all know we are sh!te at defending so we need manager who plays attacking football as that will get the best out of the squad ala Mark Cooper two more wins and we're safe, even re-appointing Ricardo would gaurantee our safety 

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,773
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@Northants Pie My one concern about Mark Cooper, he signed at Swindon, Traore and Balmy, so may not be the best judge of a player

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

@Northants Pie My one concern about Mark Cooper, he signed at Swindon, Traore and Balmy, so may not be the best judge of a player

I don't think either were terrible players, the one game i saw traore he looked like a half decent player but he was never played again, much the same with balmy, I only saw him once but he looked like he had a lot of pace about him on the wing

• Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

I like the way Cooper sets his teams out to play

• Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

I like the way Cooper sets his teams out to play

I thought his Swindon team was the best team to come to meadow Lane last year, we didn't help ourselves when nobsa got sent off but they completely tore us apart

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,773
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Jamie-Fullarton-s-final-acts-Notts-County-manager/story-28957894-detail/story.html?ghg

I disagree somewhat with the Post's take. Notts fans, whilst underwhelmed with Jamie's appointment, are always open to giving people a chance, despite his F word heritage. The style of play, sidelining of creative players and the lack of affinity which his interviews showed where his views were poles apart from the games the supporters had just witnessed. I wish Jamie well but his "vision" to take Notts with him was never there.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Days Won:  0

I was shocked when the announcement was made!

But now who will appoint the new manager will it be Ray Trew or the new Owner when they arrive?

:happy banana:I think it this banana would do more than fullerton 

1 hour ago, Happy Elf said:

:happy banana:I think it this banana would do more than fullerton 

He seems to have a more attacking style.....

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  530
  • Days Won:  24

So the rumour is that a new manager is being appointed today......wow that was quick.

It suggests either a temporary appointment ie Smith and Carroll...........or a full-time "proper" manager was head-hunted days ago?

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

1 hour ago, tarquinbeech said:

So the rumour is that a new manager is being appointed today......wow that was quick.

It suggests either a temporary appointment ie Smith and Carroll...........or a full-time "proper" manager was head-hunted days ago?

Depends who the rumour originated from. If it was Ray Trew, then theres a couple of trucks of salt you might want to take it with.

6 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

He hardly ever got it wrong though did he, he likes working with his Dad Terry, together they got Swindon the players that made that £5 million plus figure.

He got sacked at Swindon mainly due to the chairman thinking he could do a better job, didn't work out quite how the chairman hoped....

A lot of people remember how Swindon seemed to blow it when they were favourites for the league / play-offs but people didn't realise that there best players had been tapped up and they were trying to protect their own careers by not getting hurt / faining injury to facilitate there respective moves.

I really like Mark Cooper and have always admired his football philosophy, whether that be at Kettering Town or Swindon, with the latter playing some of the best football I have seen outside the top divisions. 

All in all he's a decent person and a decent football person and like I have said many times before, these are ridiculously hard to come by....

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  12
  • Days Won:  2

I mentioned before that I'm not a fan of changing managers often. I prefer the circumstances to be relatively dire before it happens. But good lord was yesterday's second 45 an abysmal affair.

High for me was seeing some rather inspired passing in the first. Good movement. Good work switching the play. And Stead was alright. So was Loach. But I'm starting to think that I disagree with a fair few Notts supporters about Noble. No, he's not where he needs to be in order to be effective, but I also feel his situational awareness is somewhat lacking at times. As a result, he can be poor on the ball when it comes to control and possession.

As far as Jamie's replacement goes, I don't mind Trew making a call, as the new potential owners might not have someone lined up. Also, we don't technically have a done deal yet, and Trew needs to carry on as if he weren't two feet out the door already for no reason other than that it would be supremely unprofessional to do so.

Slack shoulders out there yesterday, boys and girls. A general attitude of defeat. This is what happens to the current squad. When they go behind, the fight fizzles. That said, I don't fear relegation. D&R are all but gone, and the Ministermen are quite trash at the moment.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  530
  • Days Won:  24

3 minutes ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

Cooper appointed according to Leigh Curtis on twitter

You beat me by 1 minute.....hahaha

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

9 hours ago, Northants Pie said:

Mark Coopers barmy army anyone?

#CooperNOTTS! 

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,909
  • Days Won:  162

the best decision by ray since he decided to resign and put the club up for sale.

Archived