Ratings v Hartlepool

Piethagoram

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,781
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Loach 6.5 - Solid, pulled off saves when it mattered
Hewitt 5 - Strong going forwards but with some serious defensive lapses, hence the rating.
Hollis 6 - Solid, good blocking but distribution woeful at times. No confidence with the ball at feet, especially when manager moved to a back 3 in part of the game
Edwards 6.5- Steady Eddy. Rock solid
Audel 7 - Excellent again... Where are all the Adams supporters now?
Aborah 6.5 - Took a booking for the team for Atkinsons mistake early on. Should be allocated Noble's dead ball duties like corners, if not in sight of goal
Noble 5.5- Average, but great ball to Hewitt in build up to goal
Valencic 6.5 - Excellent in possession, needs to get more involved
Atkinson 6 - Better than Curtis when moving forward. Was dead on his feet after 80 minutes
Stead 5.5 - well taken goal, but lapses in retaining possession. Worried if his legs will go next season, a la Jason Lee
McLeod 5 - Offside king. 150k could have been better spent. No partnership nor understanding with Stead

Team 7 the sum greater than its individual parts

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

It all sounds quite promising, and obviously we can be delighted with a second straight win - have we actually managed that this season before now?

Please to see MC taking the chance to get the youngsters involved too. How did Gibson get on?

@DangerousSausage Hazardous Wurst will be pleased to hear that  Gibson is quick. Maybe a Stead / Gibson partnership might actually work as Montel has an on-side brain which Idle lacks. I think Cooper learnt a lot from the Portsmouth drubbing which has been good in its own way. No Smith, no Boyce, now playing squad members to see what they can do, with a view to next season. I do feel we need a midfield enforcer, a la Neal Bishop, a Right Back, a quality Central Defender a la Louis Laing?, and a quality finisher up front. I like Coopers thought process when he said this week, the best way to defend is keeping possession of the ball, something his predecessor never got to grasp or didnt want to grasp. Cooper is all about playing football in the right and most effective way given the players at his disposal. Just sums up Jamie's reign as a complete nightmare as this squad ain't too bad, if set up correctly. Pleasure to see another clean sheet but to recognise that there is still a lot of work to be done.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

It all sounds quite promising, and obviously we can be delighted with a second straight win - have we actually managed that this season before now?

Please to see MC taking the chance to get the youngsters involved too. How did Gibson get on?

He did look intelligent but he is still raw, probably nerves but his first touch wasn't the best, ran about abit and tried to get involved, didn't have much time though so it wouldn't be fair to judge him on it

• Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Loach 7 - Did everything required of him. Needs better studs in his boots when kicking!
Hewitt 6 - Great going forward. A work in progress as a defender but I'd stick with him as I thinnk a close-season under MC would see a big improvement.
Hollis 6.5 - Typical Haydn
Edwards 7 - magnificent so long as he does try to be too clever,
Audel 7 - Best LB we've got
Aborah 6 - Good again, but was played into trouble sometimes by being given the ball when other plyers should have taken the responsibility thmeselves.
Noble 6 - Good, again makes mistakes but that's because he tries so hard. Give the corners to someone else.
Valencic 6.5 - Excellent skills, the others don't anticipate some of his passes.
Atkinson 5 - I'd keep him as a squad player for next year but would worry if he was in the first 11 regularly
Stead 6 - Great target man
McLeod 5 - He and Stead are not a good partnership, simple as that.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@Piethagoram majority on here wanted Adams to move to Mansfield.

I'm starting to think Audel could be a responsible asset for the squad, much depends on if his performances continue. The test will be Mansfield, plus any remaining big games. I do feel that attention towards players quickly changes, as I don't get this while Twitter hate campaign towards Jon Stead.

---

I can't rate the players, I didn't go last night but I'm pleased to see the ratings posted.

@notts-joe I believe we need to play 1 up front at Mansfield, with maybe Campbell's energy ( I'll just leave it as that) to replace Idle.

• Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Will Curtis be fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

Loach 7 - did all that was asked of him.
Hewitt 6.5 - slightly dodgy start, good going forward and kept his head to set up the winner.
Audel 7 - continued his improvement, looks to have made the left back spot his own.
Hollis 7.5 - sound throughout, some well timed challenges.
Edwards 8* - held us together when they were carving us open, won everything.
Aborah 6.5 - some good forward passes but overdid the fancy stuff at times.
Noble 6.5 - some great attacking balls, set pieces mostly moderate.
Valencic 7 - grew into the game, kept the ball well.
Atkinson 6 - a few misplaced passes but stuck at it.
Stead 6 - worked hard but let down too often by his first touch.  Calm finish for the goal.
McLeod 6 - some promising runs Izale, but just look across the line before making them!

Campbell 5.5 - ran around a lot but no impact.
Gibson - not on long enough to rate, but good to see him given the chance.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,916
  • Days Won:  162

i agree with @Elite_pie and his ratings.

Archived