ForestGreen Rovers very intrested in cooper

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

5 hours ago, Elite_pie said:

The word 'Messiah' was probably a bit over the top on my part, but a few here and elsewhere seem to be basing their decision regarding a season ticket on whether he stays or goes.  I will be interested to see what he can do and wouldn't advocate getting rid, but I just don't see what he's done to inspire that sort of confidence.

After Fullarton, even Charlie McParland would win the majority of people over!

To be honest, I actually like him as  a coach/assistant and manager. I just don't think he's got the knowledge to craft long term success but he can spot a good player - which is a very good start here.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  36

4 hours ago, ohstanleyaborah said:

I'm not familiar with Russell Slade, abit before my time! Was he good the first time round ?

He was appalling chap. We had a great win in the league cup against Spurs and won the Anglo Italian cup, but the league form was woeful. I hardly missed a game that season (apart from abroad) and it was really bad. We then brought in Howard Kendall above him, but it made no difference, apart from the fact they liked to work late:rolleyes: 

Both were sacked before the season ended.

I will add that RS did go on to do some good stuff as a manager since.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Forest Green can be as interested as they like, I can't see MC stepping down to the Conference.

I'm ambivalent about Cooper. He certainly strikes me as a leader, but he badly needs to stamp his authority on the club. He needs people around him he can trust, both behind the scenes and in the team.

Interesting, hoping it's not true.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

i said that he'd leave and i gaurentee he will.

Discussions should of started with cooper way back about a contract not at the last minute even now Ray trew won't bother to offer him one hel let him leave.

And we will end up with another jamie Fullarton choice gaurentee it well the trews have done enough damage if cooper goes that's it.

Enough is enough now 

7 hours ago, DangerousSausage said:

Forest Green can be as interested as they like, I can't see MC stepping down to the Conference.

I'm ambivalent about Cooper. He certainly strikes me as a leader, but he badly needs to stamp his authority on the club. He needs people around him he can trust, both behind the scenes and in the team.

why wouldn't he step to a well run club always up the top end money to burn ambitious unlike us.

Idiolized there as a great former player fans want him if he wasn't intrested he wouldn't of gone all the way down there to watch them.

Its almost like a tap up lets be honest they've both agreed something and after Saturday no doubt hel be announced there manager on Sunday or Monday.

unless Ray trew gives him a offer today to make him think 

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,781
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

The uncertainty of ownership may be the biggest factor here. How many times do new owners want "their own man'.  I still remain worried that the lack of progress on the sale will inhibit our ability to identify and attract the best players in the initial close season.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

8 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

The uncertainty of ownership may be the biggest factor here. How many times do new owners want "their own man'.  I still remain worried that the lack of progress on the sale will inhibit our ability to identify and attract the best players in the initial close season.

Totally agree with the above comments , the rumours on the sale and manager are having a huge impact on NCFC , and just stirring up contentions with the fan base ,    totally zero leadership at the club , social media as a vehicle to make none statements if you like is not the correct way to release any meaningful news , wish it would stop .

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179

How can we give tripe like Fullerton a 3 year deal but a manager most fans actually like is about to be let go to forest green rovers...

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, ohstanleyaborah said:

How can we give tripe like Fullerton a 3 year deal but a manager most fans actually like is about to be let go to forest green rovers...

It just sums up the total lack of direction and leadership at the top of our club , I'm not sure what to believe anymore , I try not to overreact to things and try to see logic and sound reasoning , but truely I'm baffled by most of the goings on now .

17 minutes ago, ohstanleyaborah said:

scary thing is Fullarton actually had a 4 year deal I belive and Mark cooper has to achieve a points tally instead.

As for new owners there's more chance of me winning the lottery and then  get a Ferrari before we get new owners 

Club statement due at the end of the game , clarity , well that would be something wouldn't it , don't hold your breath ,     MC will be gone , CS even kind of asked is the club really being sold ???????????????????  Shambles 

Well I hope Guy Branston doesn't replace him! What a t*at he is on twitter! I hope he stays but I can't see it myself

27 minutes ago, ohstanleyaborah said:

Well I hope Guy Branston doesn't replace him! What a t*at he is on twitter! I hope he stays but I can't see it myself

See what you mean on Twitter , arrogant piece of work , GB just do one .

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  36

Bye Mark.

You can tell he has lost interest today and can't wait to clear his desk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bye Mark.

You can tell he has lost interest today and can't wait to clear his desk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well he came out late at half time then just leaned against the dug out, he knew he was on his way

There's more to it, there always is - you can't blame him for moving on but will the grass be greener? I bet it is.

Its s shame, it really is.

We need a manager who we trust and respect, someone who reshape the mould and build the platform for future success. I honestly felt Cooper had what we required for stability and progression. Can we blame him for leaving? No. If he looked uninterested, perhaps its because some gave him little respect? Who knows.

Archived