Left-Magpie September Article

LeftPie-On

"This FA mandated appetite for competitive B-Team football stems from the vast amounts of wealth in the upper echelons of the game, allowing clubs to stockpile and hoard talent. This financial clout has led to bulbous squads of over-paid, under-worked young men at the highest level, with little chance of ever threatening first teams which are typically comprised of established internationals. "

In 2 sentences, sums up the state of English football and why we will never be able to mount a strong challenge for international honours

This has been coming for years, i have been telling anyone who would listen (most thought i was talking crap) and it will happen as that is the world we live in.

I'm that disgusted by the whole thing that it makes me question the point of holding this passion and love for the club i do as its going to be ruined by the premier league and their puppets at the FA

Archived