Dean Leacock Appointed Captain?

Chris

I've seen a couple of messages regarding who our new captain is or will be, it seems everyone is saying Dean Leacock is our new captain. I haven't checked the official site, neither have I checked facebook or twitter.

It's not who I would give it too.

Yet, now with those who remain in our squad. I am not sure who aside from Dean and Gary Liddle, who would make a good captain. Mahon would have been a good call, if he was younger and likely to play more often. I don't like when keepers become captain, so this rules out Bart. Zoko, too quiet.. I feel like I'm missing someone obvious!

Supporter+

I was just coming on here to post that Leacock had been appointed captain, it is on the official web site now. I think Liddle would have been a good shout or Sheehan but I'm happy with Leacock, the manager obviously knows his players better than us and who knows he could have asked Liddle and he didn't want it. I don't suppose everyone would think they were suitable for the responsibility as it can sometimes affect your game.

I think Deano is the right call myself. The role of captaincy is not about who is the best player on the pitch, but who is the strongest character, who is the best leader, who will drive the team on when things are not going according to plan. Despite not actually having the armband, Deano did this in almost every game last season, and it'll also be good for our youngsters to have an experienced professional to look up to with the armband.

Dean will make a great captain I'm sure of it :)

Archived