Labadie Signs And A New Face

weymouthPIE

Two pieces of news regarding players today.

First of all Joss Labadie has officially signed a new contract which will keep him at Notts for another 12 months. I think this is excellent news. For most of last season he was brought on off the bench but when he went away on loan he showed what he could do and he was probably one of our standout performers towards the end of last season. Here's hoping he can carry on his form from the end of last season.

Also today we made a new signing in the shape of 24 year old winger Andy Haworth on a six month deal. Andy is apparently comfortable playong on either wing. He began his career with Blackburn Rovers, coming through their youth system but never making the first team. He had spells on loan at Gateshead and Rochdale before he signed for Bury in 2010. He netted 3 goals in 46 games for the Shakers, and in two years at Gigg Lane he had two loan spells at Falkirk and Bradford City. He ended last season at Rochdale.

Hopefully he'll impress and earn himself a new deal. Welcome to Meadow Lane Andy :)

Hopefully we'll see a bit more activity now that clubs are back in for pre-season training and everyone has returned from their holidays etc. Meanwhile I'm off on one tommorow, I'll be checking back on here to make sure everyones playing nicely ;)

Supporter+

Good news about Labadie and at last we've made a signing. I don't know much about him but if Chris thinks he'll do a job that's good enough.

As you say Weymouth things should start to happen now the hols are over and players reporting back.

I hope you have a good holiday and go easy on the Guiness. See you when you are back.

It's good to see Labadie's put pen to paper, I was sort of concerned that he would be tapped up. He should become a valuable player this season, so I hope he's ready to fill the gap that's been created with Bish, Hughes (when he played in centre) and Judge. It will be good for his confidence, though he doesn't seem to have any issues with that.

There's a good prospect/ nice feeling growing and I hope we see some signings which will spark a bit of interest, although these hidden gems can be quite interesting.

With regards to some debates I've seen online regarding relying on 'youths', I still feel it's the way forward and I'd prefer to see homegrown names, fitting around players who do there very best. We've wanted a side which is competitive but also makes use of our own lads, so now we'll finally see this and fingers crossed it pays off.

The new signing is quite promising, if there's skill and pace.. Experience can be given and we can mold the player.

I hope he does well, there's far worse signings we can be making.

A bit of news at last for you Notts fans. It's not the most exciting news but the building blocks are gradually being put in place.

It's a chance for Ladabie to to prove himself and Andy Haworth will be very keen to impress .

Fingers crosed for more news for you all soon.

Have a good holiday Weymouth, enjoy yourself , please keep us informed with your activities and as Tony said not too much of Guinness :thumbsup:

Archived