Lady pies to stay!

Turkey_Twizzler

Supporter+

Good for the WSL but given Notts Ladies are the equivalent of MK Dons, I hope they are relegated from the top league as soon as possible. That goes for all franchises.

1 minute ago, Dripsey3 said:

Good for the WSL but given Notts Ladies are the equivalent of MK Dons, I hope they are relegated from the top league as soon as possible. That goes for all franchises.

I don't think Notts Ladies are the equivalent of MK Dons.  Lincoln Ladies would not have been allowed to join the WSL because they weren't affiliated to a football league club.  That was one of the stipulations made when applications to join the brand new league were invited. Ray Trew decided to move the team to Notts because it qualified them for the WSL and most of the players followed.  Lincoln Ladies could have continued in the division below, which is the big difference with the situation Wimbledon were in.  They didn't need to start from square one, but they decided to disband instead.  

I'm pleased to see this, it's got a good prospect for the club and I hope they remain. It would be a shame to see a new part of our club which has very much been embraced - left in the background.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Supporter+
18 hours ago, Elite_pie said:

I don't think Notts Ladies are the equivalent of MK Dons.  Lincoln Ladies would not have been allowed to join the WSL because they weren't affiliated to a football league club.  That was one of the stipulations made when applications to join the brand new league were invited. Ray Trew decided to move the team to Notts because it qualified them for the WSL and most of the players followed.  Lincoln Ladies could have continued in the division below, which is the big difference with the situation Wimbledon were in.  They didn't need to start from square one, but they decided to disband instead.  

When an owner takes a club from one city to another, then it's fairly difficult to start from scratch! Lincoln wouldn't had the resources to compete. As for the fan base, asking them to go to Nottingham for home games is a bit much. The whole thing left a bitter taste. I couldn't support them in a million years. I'm shout for Forest ladies first! 

Archived