Danny Newton

TheCalFoster

Apparently we've sent scouts out to watch this Tamworth striker, been banging the goals in for them recently, it'll be interesting to see if anything comes of it.

Don't know much about him, 26, scored 20 odd goals apparently bit can't find anything that says what his record is.

http://m.plymouthherald.co.uk/league-two-scouts-out-in-force-to-watch-non-league-hot-shot-in-action/story-30221994-detail/story.html

It's not a bad idea to track the Non-Leagues but we have to give the players a chance to adapt.

We have a bit of a track record in this department and we never really seem to get the most out of them. Players like Tyrell Waite have done well there (at least I am lead to believe that's why we signed him from Ilkeston Town). There's better examples also, although he's all I recall in these early hours. Tony Hackworth? Is he one?

I think I have the wrong player.

Tony Hackworth came from Leeds and ended up in non-league. We want someone on their way up, not down :D

People tend to remember Scoffham and Canham instead of Harding and Regis. Ben Davies and Neal Bishop also spent most of their careers in non-league before joining us. There are plenty of players who are capable of making the step up, we just have to identify them and make them want to join us.

i am not against seeing notts attempt to convert non league players into professionals.

tho sometimes they are there for a reason and not just related to there ability. if we recruit and scout carefully then no problem, i would like to see notts have a team where all the squad are good enough to play in the first team. not having okay players there, that just weakens the team.

What's the worst that can happen? If there's a good chance it could work, for me that is worth the risk alone.

Plenty of players with league experience arrive and don't achieve much, if anything at all. This lad could work for it so that he remains. At the end of the day Notts will scout many players and the better ones will make their way to us. I trust Kevin Nolan with selecting the squad.

Archived