Jonathan Forte

samwatto2008

I have not got any statistics for this argument but just wanting peoples thoughts behind him. Jonathan Forte has had numerous spells with this club and has showed moments of class and others not so classy. I have heard from a number of Notts fans recently that they think hes passed it and is not even football league standard anymore. Personally i think he has a few attributes that are very helpful but has lost his eye for goal which for a striker is bad news. Whats everyone's opinion on him and do you think he has still got what it takes to score 10+ goals a season?

Thoughts?

He's a striker, who enjoys scoring and running direct at goal. However, although he can play on the wing - it's not his natural position.

I feel sorry for him, as he's good enough to start or impact as a sub.

Against Forest he looked like he was our fastest player and did well, I really don't get why a player that has the ability to change games and score, ends up phased out of the squad. He's good enough.

He just needs backing and game time.

He's one of those players who are simply misused and then people wonder why he didn't work out, yes he can be a flash in the pan but even when his form is questionable he is worthy of being in or around the squad.

Against Chesterfield he looked lively and keen to impress.

He unselfishly passed to Ameobi, who in turn put Hawkridge through and we nearly scored. A side from that, he just never had the service at all. I agree with @Who r ya?? You Pies!! he needs a run and a chance. I hope he does well tonight!

Archived