Matt Tootle "slug" celebration

Joe Jones

The "slug" celebration from Matt Tootle in Notts County's win over Wycombe has gone Twitter famous.

Honestly can't understand the meaning of it. I mean, I've done that before, but usually it's when I go through the front door at 4am on a Sunday morning eight pints and five double rum and cokes deep.

Haha.. I saw it in the highlights on Sky and wondered what the hell he was doing.

It's funny, but a bit daft.

Any of the other players could step on him or injure him, it could cause injury to someone else. Nobody seemed to be aware that he was doing it either and I hate to be all PC here on it but I'd rather not see it.

Perhaps the players had rehearsed a goal celebration, but only Tootle remembered it?

Perhaps his contact lense had fallen out and he was putting it back in without touching it?

Perhaps he was giving the pitch a passionate kiss?

Whatever the reason, I want to see an extended version of this celebration the next time Tootle scores.

Archived