Jimmy & Jack Statue Fund

mdv47

The fund raising committee held a meeting last Wednesday 24th July 2013.

At that meeting it was unanimously decided that we would take the giant step and move the process on to the final level.

To that end we gave the go ahead to our sculptor, Andrew Edwards

http://www.cornoviiedwards.com/#!jimmy-&-jack 

to commence the making of the statue at his Wedgwood Studio in Stoke-On Trent.

On Friday I was contacted by Andrew and he informed me that he had began work on the statue on Thursday 25th July, all was well and it was processing along nicely, the beginning of a major stage in the quest to have the statue in place at our Meadow Lane Stadium has begun.

We also decided that we would like to connect our younger fan base and get that section of our supporters interested and aware of just how important Jimmy Sirrel and Jack Wheeler were, and indeed, still are, to Notts County Football Club.

We intend, during the school holidays to take a party of 12-16 year olds over to the studio where the statue is being built, there they will have a hands on experience in the moulding of the clay that will be in the finished result, we are sure that it would be a life remembering experience for them.They will also receive a small souvenir to keep.

On the same day we hope, in conjunction with Stoke CityFC, take them on a tour of the Britannia Stadium with a little hospitality thrown in.

Numbers will be limited as it will be a mini bus, we will announce final details then invite all our supporters between the age of 12-16 years of age to apply and a draw will be made  and the lucky ones will go. We intend to repeat this process for the future school holidays.

There is still a fair bit of work and fundraising to do, but we are confident, with your support, that we can achieve the goal in 2014. 

J&J Statue Fund

This is great news, something which our younger fans can take up and at the same time have a moment which for them will no doubt be 'big', all in the course of Jimmy & Jack. Excellent Idea!

I'm really keen on keeping legacies myself, so I fully appreciate what the statue fund are doing.

Perhaps it would be possible to do something with the younger fans who are below the ages of 12-16, I'm just thinking that we do have some young fans who are very aware and a simple trip around Meadow Lane for example (if the club would agree) could be something more do-able for children of the younger ages such as my son who's 7. Just a suggestion :)

For those who do take part in the trips to Stoke, it will be something which will stick with them and be a footballing moment which they will always remember.

Keep up the great work!

Tremendous.Well done all connected with this idea.What a memory this will be for those lucky  ones.Good luck with your continuing efforts. :magnificent::welldone::clapping::cheerleader:

Supporter+

What a fantastic day it will be when the statue finally takes it's place outside Meadow Lane, a fitting tribute to two great men who did so much for Notts County and thanks to the efforts of a lot of people will never be forgotten.

• 2 weeks later...
Supporter+

Fascinating to see how the statue is built up. The first two pics look like something Lowrie would do, he liked matchstick men.

Archived