Lifeline Gala Night

Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,771
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I've just had an email about the Lifeline Gala Night. This is the night when they make the big draw for the car and the £10,000 cash.

It is really disappointing however that they are now charging £25 a ticket! It does include a two course meal though with guest speaker Neil Warnock but in the past it has been free for the lifeline member and a nominal charge for a guest with Pie and chips (or something similar) thrown in. Mrs. H and myself have had some great nights down there and once won an executive box for eight people in the raffle!

But £50 for a night out is just too expensive which is such a shame as we'd love to go, I wonder how many other fans are priced out of this great night out.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's odd that the fee's are now becoming higher, especially when you consider what Lifeline is around for. I guess it's because they're trying to improve it and balance out the books but it's sad, as I am sure many such as yourself will not be able too.

Certainly it would be a push for me, a one off isn't a problem but there's other events I would rather go too surrounding Notts.

Hopefully it will be reviewed because they need to encourage the people who've been going for years, no these who crop up in the last year or so (This would include me). I wouldn't have had the confidence to attend before but I do think you look after those, who have looked after the club for a period of time. I find it saddening that people won't be able to go due to the price.

This comes at a time the club's introduced a flexible pricing plan where you can get £2 off. *shaking his head*

• Content Count:  12,900
  • Days Won:  162

it will drum up interest but in a short fall for those who loyal to it.

this is a shame, sad to read you will miss out tony.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

It sounds like an interesting night, but too expensive for most fans as you have all said. I can understand they may need to charge for the event, but that is abit too expensive for most. I hope they get a big enough turn out from it though.

• Content Count:  10,771
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

It sounds like an interesting night, but too expensive for most fans as you have all said. I can understand they may need to charge for the event, but that is abit too expensive for most. I hope they get a big enough turn out from it though.

Well in spite of the price it is normally a sell out so in that respect I suppose they feel justified in charging that amount, more than I would want to pay for a night out though but I'm a bit of a tight wad. :biggrin:

• Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Tight wad? Join Super! :rollonfloorlaughing:

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,285
  • Days Won:  69

No I'm not.but I do believe in value for money.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

There's only so much money fans have or can afford to spend, where-as I stand by as a one off it wouldn't be that bad but it's also competing against those who can afford to go to games and I would hope fans choose to spend their money on match days if they can afford to come down. I bet it will do alright, though if the prices could be tweaked a little I think it would do better.

I'm also knowledgeable on catering, so I do see a little room for adjustment and value as my father said.

• Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

You never know but i can't see them selling out at that price or adjusting the price.

They will hopefully get some returning fans, but as i said before it may be too expensive for them all.

I don't like spending alot of things unless its actually worth the price either... obviously having the money spare would count too.

Archived