Daily chat thread - Friday 31st August

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Morning all, the last day of August, it’ll soon be Autumn then winter, this year has gone quick. It’s a lovely sunny morning at the moment and it’s forecast to be a good day.

We are back from Crawley had a great time but good to get back home. Today is a big day for Notts so I will likely be catching up with the news of the Kewell appointment and hopefully new players coming in, that refresh button will get some hammer today.

Curry night tonight we’re going to have Chicken Passanda from the Rick Stein Taste of India cookbook.

Have a great day, what are you up to today?

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

Nothing much today got a few lifts to do later but apart from that just keeping an eye on the site and news. Back to work Tuesday though. @Fan of Big Tone Love watching Rick Stein's India when it was on. My dad loves his stuff. Seems to be quite arrogant I have heard when he's away from the cameras though. 

Supporter+
19 minutes ago, samwatto2008 said:

Nothing much today got a few lifts to do later but apart from that just keeping an eye on the site and news. Back to work Tuesday though. @Fan of Big Tone Love watching Rick Stein's India when it was on. My dad loves his stuff. Seems to be quite arrogant I have heard when he's away from the cameras though. 

Yes we watched the series and thought it was brilliant, we love curries anyway so we bought the book, it’s very good.

i can imagine he would be arrogant away from the cameras.

Supporter+

That should have said I CAN imagine he would be arrogant, i’ll Edit it.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

Not much really if I’m honest I’ve got to pop out won’t be long. Cook a bit of tea not sure what though. A bit of posting in Pon I think with this being the last day of loan signings. 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Stressful day...

I had to take my laptop back to Bettabytz Computers today, it wouldn't charge and it's not something I am comfortable with ignoring.

It's really nice out today, the weather was really nice but hot at times. On the bus journey to Mapperley, this crazy women threatened me for not allowing her to queue jump. Seriously, it was a weird experience and I had to bite my lips. As I walked to get on with Kate, she pushed, hit me with her shopping and pinched me, most disappointing thing is she was being very verbal on the bus itself and the driver just watched like it was a soap opera.

I mean, she had kids and she was threatening me. He didn't think about anyone's safety and ignored it, well I just tried to be polite but when she started making threats about 'dealing with me' and 'knocking me out'. I just turned into Connor McGregor and told her she wouldn't do jack and replied 'what you going to do' when she said something stupid.

Onto the taking my laptop, it turns out I had the wrong charger and then I went to do my weekly shopping.

Funnily enough, on the 68 bus. This poor bus driver was verbally abused by a women who was smoking near the bus doors and the driver needed to keep to his schedule - so she decided to kick off.

What is the world coming to with people like this?

Now, I am waiting to go football whilst I try to reinstall my laptop to fix other issues which may be software related.

I'm very stressed but in good spirit.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  17

Had a lovely day in Nottingham with my friend, Vanessa, did a bit of retail therapy had a spot of lunch and went for cocktails in  The Alchemist. Lovely day. 

Supporter+

@Chris it sounds like you’ve had a really stressful day, there are some very strange people about and things seem to me to be getting worse, lots of people seem to be more confrontational and want to pick arguments, it’s depressing sometimes.

@magpiejue your days sounds a lot better than Chris’s, cocktails eh? Very posh, it sounds great.

I did a bit of gardening, a bit of computer work and a bit of sunbathing in the garden.

Archived