Notts County Vs Tranmere Rovers

Chris

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

The troops have been rallied, we've had a positive messaged shared by our Chairman - Regardless of individual views or the fact that CK appears to have the backing. It might not be what everyone would like, although we have to make the best of our current situation and the only way forward is by thinking clearly.

I certainly don't think much will change if things don't start to pick up, there becomes a point where actions will and must be taken. So really, until this point let's support the team we love.

Tranmere have some quality in their side, although they have been inconsistent themselves.

The thing which worries me is the fact that they can score freely, they can create and control games. We need to see an improvement - The marking certainly needs to be much better and if we can take some of the pressure we create ourselves we could control the game.

I don't see a win personally, I see a 1-1 draw on the cards.

What about you?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I'm going for a narrow Notts win, I know I'm am falling for all the hype from the players etc " we are really up for this game", "we have to stand up and be counted" etc but for once I hope they really mean it.

I hope we don't lose because it could become ugly for the manager and he doesn't deserve that. Let's hope the fans get behind the team, the club, the manager and the Trews.

I'm going to say a nervy 2-1 win, we know the team can play well they proved that at Liverpool today is the day to prove they can do it again.

We'll I'm literally about to get out the door, I am armed with Jake and Ellie. I hope both join me and sing on the team we love, it might not encourage the players and things might not go our way but it'll sure help ease the game. I don't like tension but right now it's all I feel, along with sorrow and disappointment.

I know we're better than relegation.

This doesn't give us a divine right to avoid the drop, though everyone's got a part to play. The players need to step, CK needs to get onto their backs and try to help oversee the game.

We could do this but I still have my thoughts! COYP

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

As I've said elsewhere-Get behind the team-cheer and shout-be positive-even if Notts are playing poor-try your best to lift them.Encourage ,encourage,encourage!Good luck!

First half was very impressive, neat play and the tempo spot on. Tranmere clearly found it hard to settle into and this allowed our play to be creative - with nice touches of skill. Now we used the flanks, although we didn't seem to shy a way from going through the centre of the park. Our defense seemed a little iffy at first, although it settled.

The first goal brilliantly built, very well crafted play and taken superbly.

Second half - Very different but still acceptable. We invited pressure - yet dealt with it, the defense only made me nervous a couple of times but credit to Sheehan and Liddle these played very well.

The Villa midfielder did very well, he looked lively and although we saw a quieter McGregor I wouldn't have taken him off. I also didn't understand the Haber - although it worked eventually and he did deserve a second goal which Tranmere's keeper kept out.

Fotheringham - Played much like he did in the friendlies, although a little quieter. A much better performance from him and he crept in to make some important interceptions.

The disappointing thing for me was at final whistle - On a day the fans was asked for commitment, which the team and club got. We seen very few players openly acknowledge the support which they got. This time of day could help in other games, especially with confidence. Bart - Another I've forgotten and The Villa Mid (I'll learn his name) was the only players I seen do it openly and I was very disappointed.

Yet Chris told them to do it and kept insisting to certain players, one I won't mention seemed very eager to ignore the wishes of Chris.

He's got my respect for that, yet I still fear for him. More of the same please Notts!

Supporter+

I was really impressed with Grealish, he was my man of the match. I thought the players were really up for it and I thought they did really well for Chris, so we'll done to them.

Having said that Tranmere in my opinion were a poor side.

I notice in the programme Notes Ray Trew said "I have faith in our manager to turn things round", I sincerely hope his faith is justified.

On another note did anyone spot a certain Tom Hateley playing at right back for them? Yes he is the great man's grandson.

I believe it was Tom who dived. :(

They played okay to be fair, reminded me of us when things aren't going our way. The didn't drop heads and battled, any disappointed Tranmere fan should take some sort of comfort from their performance.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

That's why we keep believing and keep the faith :) When I saw the line-up today I had a good feeling about it. In fact, I was feeling positive anyway after the fighting talk from Ray, Mick an Deano in the build up to the game. Sounds like we played well. When your in our position you take a win however it comes. Let's hope we can build on this now. Well done notts :) Finally, we can enjoy watching the football league show for a change!

Supporter+

Yes it wa Tom who was booked for diving, his Grandad did a bit of diving but mainly diving headers.

Well you got your win and a good performance by all accounts.This will do a lot for confidence.Well don Notts.

Well you got your win and a good performance by all accounts.This will do a lot for confidence.Well don Notts.

Who's Don? I didn't know he played well.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  16

Well played Pies, lets hope you start to climb the table!!!

Supporter+

It was good to see just about every player and member of staff go over to congratulate Chris, he's had a horrible week to endure in and out of the football club, he looked very happy after the game.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Smiles all round today!

Supporter+

Yes everyone was happy walking away from the ground, some people round me had banners ready to unfurl if things went wrong but thankfully they didn't use them.

I wish I had taken George now but I thought that it might get a bit ugly and I didn't want his first match experience to be tainted by a lot of bad feeling, booing and swearing from the fans. As it was it would have been a perfect match to introduce him to Notts and live football.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

No doubt if we had lost yesterday, meadow lane wouldn't have been a happy place to be. Chris is walking the managerial tightrope at the moment. He is a very nice man and looked extremely relieved. There was a different atmosphere on the pitch yesterday and the players were finally up to the job and showed they wanted to win. Fozzy went straight up to the manager at the end of the game and showed they'd done it for him. In other games it has been questionable whether CK could get the best out of them. I hope he proves that he can and it's now onwards and upwards and that we don't have to sack him. It's been a long time since we enjoyed a win. It could have been so different if Tranmere had scored instead of rattling the bar! Finally we had a bit of luck.

Who's Don? I didn't know he played well.

Bet you wish he was in the team now(in his prime),smartypants

Archived