Thai Food

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

We have just got back from a Thai restaurant, it was first time we have ever tried this kind of food but our son was treating us after we did a spell of looking after the grandchildren while they were away. Since it wasn't our money we thought we would try something different. We entered the restaurant not knowing what to expect, will we have to eat with chopsticks? What will the food be like? Will we like it?

Well I can report it was thoroughly enjoyable, we decided to have a set meal banquet which gave us a taste of a lot of different things and no we didn't have to eat with chopsticks. Phew :phew:

Have you ever eaten out of your comfort zone, what is your favourite food when eating out?

Come on I'm nosey and want to know.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

So what did you actually have,Tony?Glad you all enjoyed it..Were the grandkids with you?

Supporter+

Hi Granny

Just me and Mrs H. Our son gave us some money and told us to go out and enjoy ourselves.

It was a banquet so there were lots of different things on plates and it was beautifully presented. The starters include spring rolls, chicken satay, deep fried king prawns wrapped in spring roll pastry, deep fried dough balls all beautifully presented with vegetables carved in flower shapes and three dipping sauces.

The mains included red chicken curry, stir fried beef in bean sauce, stir fried pork and ginger, stir fried egg noodles with vegetables and egg fried rice. I'll try and post a picture.

Supporter+

It won't let me upload the image in this post but I have put it in the gallery, I hope it's ok to have non football pictures in there and Joe doesn't tell me off.  :angel:

Anyway it's here http://prideofnottingham.co.uk/community/gallery/image/727-banquet/

gallery_69_37_38778.jpeg

These were the starters I didn't get a picture of mains as I was too busy digging in. :)

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'm not really into fancy food or Thai, it took Kate a long time to get me into Chinese.

Eating out? KFC is somewhere I like to eat with my family.

Generally most pubs I visit with Super/Granny etc offer nice food. I'm not really big on eating out tho :P

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,480
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Let me see....

French Food

Italian

Spanish

German

Polish

Italian is my favourite.

Supporter+

I see my picture has magically appeared on the post. Thanks Joe. :thumbsup:

• Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

The picture has made me feel hungry and that's just the starters.I do like some Chinese food  and some curries but mainly stick to traditional English food.

Supporter+

The picture has made me feel hungry and that's just the starters.I do like some Chinese food  and some curries but mainly stick to traditional English food.

I used to be like that but when I started eating different food from around the world I came to appreciate it, there is so much variety out there to have a go at and if you don't like it fair enough but at least I like to give it a try.

I love Indian Curries which is probably my favourite food, I also like Italian food pasta and pizzas are lovely, Spanish Paella is fantastic and when we go camping in France we love to sample their food, I pop down the Boulangerie first thing in the morning and come back with fresh croissants and baguettes for breakfast you can't beat it. I've tried to recreate it in this country but the baguettes and croissants are just not the same, I don't know whether it is the flour they use or what.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

I've never had a better curry than the first one I had back in 1963 at Christmas in a restaurant near where The Sherwood Rooms used to be-absolutely gorgeous.

• Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  89

Thai is very nice and has a very distinct flavour. People think it will be like chinese, but it isnt really.

I eat pretty much everything. Love spicy food so indian, mexican, asian definitely high up onthe list.

Only thing im not a massive fan of is seafood, although i do like sushi and seaweed :)

Archived