Dover on a Tuesday night (AKA the fixtures thread)

DangerousSausage

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Here's a reminder for you all - the Bananarama League fixtures are out on Wednesday!

A bit of a mammoth programme awaits us, with the season starting in October and finishing at the end of May - that's 34 weeks to fit in 46 league games, plus cup competitions. That'll put teams with bigger squads at a big advantage, and the few part-timers at a big disadvantage.

It's also possible that up to five substitutes will be allowed - FIFA has permitted it, but the Premier League rejected it a few weeks ago and will go back to three. This means that the National League will fanny around before the day before the season starts and will then decide against it.

Who are you hoping for on the first/last days? Are there any fixtures you're keeping an eye out for?

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,294
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

Dagenham and Sutton away on a Tuesday so I don't have to go to them dumps again. 

King's Lynn and Weymouth Easter games please or at least one of them in the sunny times of the season. Torquay away last day

15 minutes ago, ARLukomski said:

Torquay away last day

I am totally up for Torquay at the end of May. That could be brilliant.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Weymouth and Torquay on the sunny south coast on a glorious Spring Saturday. Barnet away as late as possible so there's at least a slim possibility I might make it over from Ireland for it, COVID permitting.........sigh.......sigh again.......

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,141
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Would enjoy seeing Notts start off against Weymouth.

End the season against Barnet. :D 

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Barnet away on May 8th. A part of me is hoping that I'll make it over for that. Dover away is a long trip to begin the season. 

Just wrong with the thread title - it's our first game :D

These fixtures are almost a work of art - away in Kent on the first day, away in Kent on the last day, away to Kings Lynn on Boxing Day and a pulsating derby at Woking on Easter Monday. And to top it all off, the home game against Chesterfield has been scheduled on the same day as Florist are at home, so will almost certainly take place in midweek. Brilliant work, people.

On the other hand, the starting programme does seem to be fairly light, with a visit to crisis club Dover and a number of unfancied teams. But at this point we don't really know who the surprise packages will be.

Archived