January Sales

upthepies

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,509
  • Days Won:  9

Who would you sell, loan out or release in January permitted you could do so?

I might be on my own in this boat, I hope it does not sink like that other member Tony's ferry! I would not get rid of anyone just yet, I would try to loan out a few. Arquin, Labadie, Baucaud perhaps, I cannot think of anyone else.

Arquin is a frustrating player, many clearly want him gone but Shaun seems hell bent on inspiring the players and getting the best out of them. I would like to see what he can do with Arquin, Labadie can go. He does not know how to tackle safely and he puts us in danger, thinking about it Two for One sounds good!

Labadie and Fotheringham!

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

I think that we will see at least 8- 9 leaving either full time or on loan  this Jan with only a couple coming in (excluding McGregor & Grealish).

I do think it's time to either go one way or the other with regards to the young players we have at the club, for example from what i have heard and been told is that the young left back Fox isn't as good as Jordan Holt yet he (Holt) can't get anywhere near the first team.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,990
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'll be one of the few who hope we can sort things without reassembling the squad again, I think we need to bring stability not just to a manager but to the whole squad, I think it's vital we work through issues. The only way I would get rid of certain players is if they're a problem, they need to work with Derry and visa versa. I couldn't name anyone who I would like to see leave, although I hope we can bring some players in.

Obviously to be in the fair play rules, something needs to give but Arquin can score. I'm one of those who would be pushing him, if I had to push him until he breaks at least I should expect a reaction.

That's all I could hope for, a positive one being the preferable one. LOL

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Not sure how FFP is going to impact on decisions??

But i believe the children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way, show them all the beauty they possess inside, give them a sense of pride to make it easier,

Hmmm, there's a song in there somewhere.

You don't win nowt with kids, well that's a load of baloney. If they are good enough they are old enough.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,509
  • Days Won:  9

Agreed, Tempest seems to have fallen out of favour. I would try him in the centre, with Liddle out it leaves an opening and I would not like to see Labadie grab the position after the fouls he's given away.

There will be players moving in January, I would be very surprised if we did not see any movement.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

The only 2 in my books are Labadie & Fotheringham. The rest have potential.

The only 2 in my books are Labadie & Fotheringham. The rest have potential.

I think Labadie's got potential and if he calmed down, he be a better player. The consistant fouling isn't good, it lands us in trouble when we don't need it but I'd loan him out and hope he comes back more focused. I'm also glad to see someone else wouldn't give up Arquin, I'm sure he frustrates everyone but the ability needs to be our target, making him use it 70% of the time.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

I think Labadie's got potential and if he calmed down, he be a better player. The consistant fouling isn't good, it lands us in trouble when we don't need it but I'd loan him out and hope he comes back more focused. I'm also glad to see someone else wouldn't give up Arquin, I'm sure he frustrates everyone but the ability needs to be our target, making him use it 70% of the time.

If we could put the jigsaw together with Arquin, i think he could be very dangerous in this league. But we seriously need to bolster our Midfield PDQ if you ask me. This has been the key to the season going the way it has.

I do think there will be a lot movement towards the exit door in Jan with some Quality coming in, 2-3 good battlers. Any News about Derry playing? 

Freeman going back to Derby (even though his loan was up January) it will be a lose, I thnk we need to fill this position. Dumbuya is good, early in the season he seemed very good defensively but it slipped apart to the point he was better going forward, leaving so much space at the back. Midfield is the key area, we need to get some strong, physical (not Wolves or Bristol City style) who can be creative.

With regards to Shaun Derry playing, I've not heard anything since Notts seeked clarity of him playing.

Archived