England's struggles Nationally

KB1862

think it will take time before england remerges as one of the best nations in the world, we have the players but the wrong managers have been appointed in the past. i think southgate has done well but is trying to adapt further which is taking longer.

This isn't a dig or, comment towards anyone on PON but our national team is always being attacked. The National Press hassle the players and, enjoy pulling them down. Fans are on the backs of certain players, the manager and it's all very crazy.

I am not suggesting this has a large impact, but it must cause some problems which aren't needed.

Imagine if our press tried lifting the players and manager, attempting to remove this stupid pressure or those guilt tripping attacking - then again this wouldn't make people angry or sell as many papers.

Our issues are all over the place and, nobody currently knows how to solve the issues.

Money has been pumped into the grass roots, funds have been given to re-generate areas as far as parks getting 4g pitches for people to play on.

However, part of me cannot help but feel when youngsters played with their mates on the streets those difficult conditions helped and, although pitches and better playing services helps with development it caters to the hands of pampering people.

Football in general has become an issue that most expect the best and, this has a knock on effect with young professionals from higher up teams refusing to go to lower tier teams just because it's not glamourous etc.

Archived