Derry Getting His Point Across

cheeky~k8

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Derry getting his point across

<!--url{0}-->Notts County boss Shaun Derry focused on the positives after his side were held 1-1 at home by fellow strugglers Bristol City.

City were awarded the game's first spot kick when Dean Leacock was penalised for holding Aden Flint, with Sam Baldock slamming the penalty home.

Just when it seemed this would be enough for City, Alan Sheehan held his nerve to ****** a point for Derry's side after Marvin Elliott had been judged to have grabbed Leacock in the 89th minute.

Derry said: "The referee did have the last word and there are disappointments from both sides, but I think we'll leave that for another day.

"I don't think either manager will ever both get what they want out of them.

"Overall, I'm really pleased with the point because it was a big game for us.

"Steve came here and wanting to win and I know what he's like as a character, I've worked with him before and his players did very well for him.

"When you get a point like that at the death, you'll take anything because there were a lot of disappointments on the pitch.

"They showed their character and they showed exactly what I want them to do.

"As a manager I want them to express themselves right until the very end and I felt they did that and there are young players learning every day with us."

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

He and greg seems to be getting their vision acorss, I think defensively we have looked better (still work) but this is progress. The football seems to have direction, although I stress to much width and we rarely on the flanks far to much for my liking. We're linking up play, passing around and it's much more polished - It will be interesting in January to see what he does and there are some egg shells to aware of.

If he can bring in some of the bench players at times, just to get used to his setup, tactics and system it could be rosie.

I think it's safe to say he's getting his point across.

"There are young players learning every day with us".... Memo for Mr Lennon and Paul Lambert. McGregor & Grealish for the full year, pretty please!

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Maybe, just Maybe they are starting to get the message.

Play with honour, commitment, and passion. Give the fans something to be proud of again. Our fans are a right bunch of noisy buggers and can create a wonderful atmosphere.

If things work out, the way they seem to be going, I can dream of ML becoming English footballs equivalent of the Ali Sami Yen.

Welcome to Hell !!!!!!

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

There was certainly a great atmosphere v Bristol Bonecrunchers.I can imagine ML with a full house and a winning Notts team.The crowd become an extra man!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Maybe, just Maybe they are starting to get the message.

Play with honour, commitment, and passion. Give the fans something to be proud of again.

I think the above are vital moving forwards and I think Greg and Shaun are slowly, but surely demanding that the players follow his lead or get off the bus so to speak. since taking over, the visit to the lane hasn't been as bad as it was!

yes HD, we have to start the rebuilding somewhere, and I believe that is the best place to start.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

hopefully derry will know what to do in january, we need to make the most of this period. it does seem hes got the lads pulling in one direction, hes also got the majority of fans on side and this can only be a good thing.

hopefully derry will know what to do in january, we need to make the most of this period. it does seem hes got the lads pulling in one direction, hes also got the majority of fans on side and this can only be a good thing.

True. Feels like a club worth supporting again now. There was a time there when it felt like it did when Murphy and Thommo were in charge. (terrible!)

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

im not really sure I remember them being in charge but match days are better with more fans.

lively and loud.

im not really sure I remember them being in charge but match days are better with more fans.

lively and loud.

Consider yourself blessed then Liampie!

We have seen some dodgy managers over the years. ( and some dodgy sackings too eg Mick Walker. Probably the best man for the job who was sacked only due to a bloody argument with Pavis. Shame really as that could have been another golden era!)

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Hopefully Derry can now steadily build his own team, I'd love a chance at managing this existing squad and I think he will know that he's obtained a good team in principle but needs to add the quality which will impact games. If Haynes could just settle, I think reducing the strikers and adding better options would aid us going further.

I hope he strengths the midfield and brings in cover for the back, I just hope we don't sell Bart.

oh my, I didn't really wish to be reminded of some of the managers we have had in my time as a Notts fan. Thanks, let the nightmares begin

Archived