Match Discussion: Game 28 - The Linnets (H)

Dripsey3

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Assuming King's Lynn actually turn up.......that's a cheap shot, but they deserve it.........

KL were a bit unlucky to lose to Notts at home and they have responded well with a win and a draw in their last 2. They hammered Barnet 5-1, but Barnet are a shambles so make of that what you will and drew 2-2 at home to Weymouth. KL have nothing to play for. They may not even finish the season. It's bizarre to say the least. It looks they are making an effort so Notts won't walk all over them I'd imagine. I think it will be a high scoring game as KL are throwing caution to the wind based on their last 2 performances. 4-2 to Notts is my prediction. 

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,924
  • Days Won:  162

will this game finally go ahead? i think if it does, the match will be slow and dull.

narrow goal to win or it will finish 0-0.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

19 minutes ago, Dripsey3 said:

Assuming King's Lynn actually turn up.......that's a cheap shot, but they deserve it.........

KL were a bit unlucky to lose to Notts at home and they have responded well with a win and a draw in their last 2. They hammered Barnet 5-1, but Barnet are a shambles so make of that what you will and drew 2-2 at home to Weymouth. KL have nothing to play for. They may not even finish the season. It's bizarre to say the least. It looks they are making an effort so Notts won't walk all over them I'd imagine. I think it will be a high scoring game as KL are throwing caution to the wind based on their last 2 performances. 4-2 to Notts is my prediction. 

I'm hoping that's the case - they come with nothing to lose. However we only know what their chairman is saying publicly, he might be saying different to their manager behind closed doors.

Could go either way. I hope we try and attack and the game is a lot better than the drab affair at their place. 

This would be how I line up. Miller instead of Barnett as he offers a bit more threat going forward. The rest of the back 4 picks itself due to injury. Doyle and Reeves for me in the middle, they've both had a mini-rest and I'm not overly convinced by Wolfe. Again, wingers practically pick themselves and I've gone for Knowles to start with Wootton. 

COYP.

lineup (7).png

• Content Count:  1,062
  • Days Won:  54

In an ideal world the NL would have made a statement about what will happen to teams that don’t fulfil their fixtures, give them about 3 months and they might just about have made a decision…

As for the game I’d be tempted start how we finished against Oxford, a 4-3-3. We've been grinding out the points with the 4-4-2 but we’ve been starting games poorly especially when teams press. The two wide players in the front 3 gives us chance to play a longer ball into the channels. I’m all for passing it out from the back but not at the expense of hemming us in.

I’m not sure where Miller’s best position is – I don’t think he’s that good at LB, nor would I say he’s a winger but I think he could do well on that left hand side as part of a midfield 3. Get him on the ball with Reeves and actually carry it forward more. Doyle can just sit in the hole and cover the full backs that go forward.

As for Sam I think his confidence will be high so I wouldn’t want to leave him out.

A win and a good performance would be a big boost right now.

Supporter+

Kings Lynn are overrunning Notts in midfield. Lucky to be only 1 down. It's the 4th game in a row where Notts have been 2nd best. We got a lucky win at their place. Looks like KL are trying to prove a point. Hopefully NA sorts the midfield out before it's 2 nil. 

Supporter+

KL got the draw they deserved in the end. I'm not going to dwell on the fact that Notts are seriously underachieving. The last 4 performances have been no where the level we expect. Hopefully it gets better. 

• Content Count:  1,062
  • Days Won:  54

Pffft… Another poor performance, somehow we almost nicked a win but the birthday boy Effiong obviously wanted to spoil his own day. That was such an unnecessary foul.

No idea how we went in 2-1 up. We started the second half well but we desperately needed to get a third goal. Tried to hang on in there in the end and we got what we deserved really.

Chances are that game could count for nothing in couple of weeks’ time if Kings Lynn decide to pack it all in. So we could be 4 points down, no idea how other teams up the top have done against them though. That said right now we look like a team a long way off that top spot.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  368
  • Days Won:  1

Is Effiong here to sabotage our season..... Makes me wonder..... A completely unnecessary challenge to give away the free kick that they equalised from.... GET SHUT SMARTISH!!!!!!!! 

Archived